IGNORED

Victoria Arduino Mythos One

• 1 year later...
On 15/06/2020 at 20:51, Rob1 said:

It's funny. I never thought I'd be willing to spend £700 on a grinder but after £500 on the niche it seems so much more reasonable.

I know this is an old thread but.......no idea of shot count. If it is high, the Tin burrs are circa £200 for starters. I have had Clima pro's and I do not rate them as much as the original tiger speed grinders. You cannot single dose with them and they are both ugly and enormous! There is absolutely no comparing them to a Niche either! I had both on my bench for 6 months side by side and I sold the CP......but maybe that's just me!

In a race between a donkey and a horse, to see who could reach the bottom first..........one side has a commanding lead

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 12:01, dfk41 said:

I know this is an old thread but.......no idea of shot count. If it is high, the Tin burrs are circa £200 for starters. I have had Clima pro's and I do not rate them as much as the original tiger speed grinders. You cannot single dose with them and they are both ugly and enormous! There is absolutely no comparing them to a Niche either! I had both on my bench for 6 months side by side and I sold the CP......but maybe that's just me!

Almost the opposite here. We wanted to move from single dose/multi coffees to bigger batches of the same bean, so we moved on the Niche and replaced it with a CP. While I admire what Niche have done, it never really sang in the cup for me.... too muddy and muted. The CP was a revelation in that respect. It is, as you point out, mahoosive....but if space isn't an issue, I kind of like its retro chic purposefulness. 

Edited by TheyTriedToMakeMeGoToDecaf

4 hours ago, TheyTriedToMakeMeGoToDecaf said:

Almost the opposite here. We wanted to move from single dose/multi coffees to bigger batches of the same bean, so we moved on the Niche and replaced it with a CP. While I admire what Niche have done, it never really sang in the cup for me.... too muddy and muted. The CP was a revelation in that respect. It is, as you point out, mahoosive....but if space isn't an issue, I kind of like its retro chic purposefulness. 

You are not crazy, that is exactly the difference between a conical and some flats.

And to not compare a mythos versus a Niche, we can just compare the Niche versus a g-iota/df64 with stock burrs in the same price range.

The g-iota has more flavors, more extraction, and more sweetness in the cup compared to a Niche. The problems are that the g-iota/df64 or any flat, needs a better puck prep specially when single dosed, and it's way messier to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denis S said:

You are not crazy, that is exactly the difference between a conical and some flats.

And to not compare a mythos versus a Niche, we can just compare the Niche versus a g-iota/df64 with stock burrs in the same price range.

The g-iota has more flavors, more extraction, and more sweetness in the cup compared to a Niche. The problems are that the g-iota/df64 or any flat, needs a better puck prep specially when single dosed, and it's way messier to work with.

I agree. Prefer the taste of my flat, but a lot fussier to work with. (I don't single dose either)

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I made my comments, I was not saying the Niche is better than the CP.......I was saying that for my lifestyle and current needs it is better. In addition, I never drink anything less than a medium plus bean, yet I have had maybe 9 or 10 Mythos and would have another one tomorrow. In an environment where you need grind speed, any single dose would be a pain in the ass and you must be mad to entertain one!

Pre lockdown I averaged maybe a dozen shots a day and any hopper fed grinder would be preferable. Lets face it, if you live in the country, a 4 wheel drive is needed, if you live in the middle of a city, you can certainly have a 4 wheel drive but there maybe other more suitable vehicles

• Like 1

In a race between a donkey and a horse, to see who could reach the bottom first..........one side has a commanding lead

David sold his Clima Pro to me. We finally managed to run it at an event recently, paired with the Decent. It brought flavours out of our Bom Jesus that I'd not previously tasted. It made delicious coffee. I now look at my Niche as a poor cousin. Would never have the Mythos on my worktop at home, but it is a brilliant grinder.

• Like 2

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

Although I'm very happy with the Niche, I'd still love a Mythos. One day one will come my way.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

I run the Mythos CP at Farmers Markets, for the Vesuvius and Decent. Would never use it as a single doser but used as intended, it produces perfect fluffy grind which tamps very evenly and a lovely taste in the cup. I do use the Niche but as a Decaf grinder. For me, the Mythos is streets ahead in the flavours I’m looking for. On the Decent, the profile looks totally different using the Mythos vs Niche, so the grind distribution is clearly affecting that. The flavour on the Niche is not muddy, but by comparison I can see why some say that. It’s one of the reasons I got an Ultra as I wouldn't consider single dosing a Mythos