Niche Zero, White or Black, help me decide!

Black's fine IMO, maybe a tad glossier than I'd like. Matte black would be cool I think.

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic '96 (OPV mod / Rancilio wand/PID) + Niche Zero

I'll be going with black, I think it looks better and it matches the BE pf and the tools I have, but the majority choose white. On Niche's Instagram they posted one that had the wood dyed black too, that looked much better than the wood colour that comes with it, I will look at doing that I think.

Sage Barista Express.

On 13/06/2020 at 12:08, thusband said:

Black looks good with my Lelit Bianca. Something about black and stainless steel.

Funny you should say that, I paired my Bianca with a white niche. To my eye they are both wood, white and chrome.IMG_20200919_140110069.thumb.jpg.a1345aaad3736734fcd08c22974ee7b6.jpg

Although I think the Bianca would look good next to anything, as would the niche.

• Like 1

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero, OCD, Felicita Arc scales

In my opinion.... just choose the colour which would appeal to you. Don’t think about the surroundings or pairing with a coffee machine, because, as we all know, that can change.

I, personally, like the black better. 

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

5 hours ago, Bobbrown said:

Funny you should say that, I paired my Bianca with a white niche. To my eye they are both wood, white and chrome.IMG_20200919_140110069.thumb.jpg.a1345aaad3736734fcd08c22974ee7b6.jpg

Although I think the Bianca would look good next to anything, as would the niche.

i think that Bianca would look black, in a black room 😹.

as to the original question, the correct answer is to choose Black, then be told off by your SO and switch to White.

Edited by facboy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 08:22, phario said:

In general, for appliances with zero preferences, I would typically go darker for the reason that darker colours are better protected from discolouring (e.g. from sunlight). 

That said, I went with a White Niche because it looks nicer in my kitchen.

I live in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 so sunlight discolouring won't be a problem for me 🤣

28 minutes ago, allyburns said:

I live in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 so sunlight discolouring won't be a problem for me 🤣

Get away man, we arrived in Scotland today - the weather is gorgeous 😎

DE63E52D-7E70-4BDF-B75C-D8E30C958E44.jpeg

• Haha 1

Profitec Pro 600, Niche Zero, 1Zpresso JX Pro, Osmio Zero

If I could think of something witty and original to put in my signature, this is where it would be . . .

53 minutes ago, Ozzyjohn said:

Get away man, we arrived in Scotland today - the weather is gorgeous 😎

DE63E52D-7E70-4BDF-B75C-D8E30C958E44.jpeg

Haha, yes I was being cruel to my beloved country, the weather can be quite alright. Hope you enjoy your stay, is that the Firth of Forth or further north?

4 hours ago, allyburns said:

Haha, yes I was being cruel to my beloved country, the weather can be quite alright. Hope you enjoy your stay, is that the Firth of Forth or further north?

It is indeed. We are just west of North Berwick - a few days here before moving a bit further north. We’ve got our wet weather gear 👍🏼

Regards,

John

Profitec Pro 600, Niche Zero, 1Zpresso JX Pro, Osmio Zero

If I could think of something witty and original to put in my signature, this is where it would be . . .

12 hours ago, Ozzyjohn said:

It is indeed. We are just west of North Berwick - a few days here before moving a bit further north. We’ve got our wet weather gear 👍🏼

Regards,

John

I live in Edinburgh and cycle to North Berwick a lot, so it looked familiar! Have you been to the shipping container café overlooking Bass Rock?

https://www.facebook.com/DRIFTeatdrinkrelax/

Looks like they have just opened the indoors again, its a hidden gem 😀

I'm actually from Inverness so an from "The North" 🤣 Enjoy your trip and I hope the weather behaves!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moppy said:

Welp, just ordered the last white UK one. It's my first real coffee investment, feel slightly sick I've spent that kind of money 😐

No reason to. They hold their value and certainly work flawlessly. Maybe not having anything to compare it with might cloud your thoughts but no doubt for single dosing in a convenient format it is unbeatable. It is very quiet and if you churn through this site the most important electrical component for good coffee is the grinder. 

Vesuvius, Mazzer Major Doserless, Genecafe, Push Tamper,Motta Leveller, Cheap scales

3 hours ago, moppy said:

Welp, just ordered the last white UK one. It's my first real coffee investment, feel slightly sick I've spent that kind of money 😐

They still had a white one? I thought they sold out about a week ago. I've ordered black and really cannot wait. Have had my Nemox for over 6 years, but it is really clumpy grinder and I have to really play with the distribution to produce nice shot.

Rancilio Silvia V3 & Nemox (Niche Zero due in December)

Melitta TS Smart

42 minutes ago, L2en said:

They still had a white one? I thought they sold out about a week ago. I've ordered black and really cannot wait. Have had my Nemox for over 6 years, but it is really clumpy grinder and I have to really play with the distribution to produce nice shot.

As if this morning, yes. When I ordered it said that was the last available white one.

I'm gonna be stepping up from a Delonghi KG79, I'm looking forward to it!

I made life easy and asked what missis preferred 😁To my surprise she said black (she normally prefers white household appliances) on the basis it looked more elegant. I was set on a white, but must say the black one is indeed very elegant. But honestly you can’t go wrong.