Jump to content
IGNORED

Caffe Italia scammers!


Recommended Posts

ughhhh, seems I'm not the only one to be had from this fraudulant company.

 

I spent £265 on a tamper for my mazzer SJ and they've yet to send me any sort of tracking info, any sort of reply on any platform I contact them on.  Emailed them many times now, facebook messaged them many times. They view and then decide not to reply. Its been going on for about a month now.

 

They have 0 customer service. I'm out £265 till I hopefully get a reply or until end of week when I have to force a refund via my bank.

 

Avoid this company like a plague.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any time I call them up, they tell me to email them. I tell them that every time I email them after calling them. They do not respond.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's terrible! I've browsed their website a couple of times recently, glad you've posted and at least given people the heads up. It's fair to assume some companys might be up to no good and looking to take what they can then cash out. You have protection from your bank though so that's good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oli986 said:

That's terrible! I've browsed their website a couple of times recently, glad you've posted and at least given people the heads up. It's fair to assume some companys might be up to no good and looking to take what they can then cash out. You have protection from your bank though so that's good.

There is a massive thread going back years on here somewhere.

They were and possibly still are a forum sponsor despite all that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, aaronb said:

There is a massive thread going back years on here somewhere.

They were and possibly still are a forum sponsor despite all that.

Oh really! Yeah I'd not heard anything about them 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

So pleased to have seen this!  I've emailed them this weekend to ask about a potential purchase.  Are there any recommended retailers for Rancilio Sylvia machines in the UK?

I've checked out Bella Barista and they don't have any in stock what they do have is just outside of my budget. Also looking for a grinder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomps557 said:

So pleased to have seen this!  I've emailed them this weekend to ask about a potential purchase.  Are there any recommended retailers for Rancilio Sylvia machines in the UK?

I've checked out Bella Barista and they don't have any in stock what they do have is just outside of my budget. Also looking for a grinder. 

Depends what you're after but BB were fantastic service wise. I ordered 2pm one day and it was delivered with DPD at 11am the next.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they are not good, but I just want to share my experience - I've  ordered the Profitec flow control kit from them as it was the only place where it was in stock at time (end of April) and it was delivered within 5 days

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stanic said:

I know they are not good, but I just want to share my experience - I've  ordered the Profitec flow control kit from them as it was the only place where it was in stock at time (end of April) and it was delivered within 5 days

With CI, when things are alright, they are as good as anyone. It is when you experience problems that they are bad. Buying  a control kit should not give you any problems, but buying a machine may well do, due to courriiers 

  • Like 1

Outmost is not a word........I am getting better, only 4 errors this time

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are still not picking up the phones or answering my emails or anything.

Absolutely infuriating. I totally get delays and busy periods but I didn't even get an estimated time of arrival on my tamper. I spent just under £300 with them and they have 0 customer service so far.  Any time I get the guy on phone he tells me to write email instead then hangs up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cana said:

They are still not picking up the phones or answering my emails or anything.

Absolutely infuriating. I totally get delays and busy periods but I didn't even get an estimated time of arrival on my tamper. I spent just under £300 with them and they have 0 customer service so far.  Any time I get the guy on phone he tells me to write email instead then hangs up.

That’s terrible........I feel for you.

I for one won’t be buying from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cana said:

They are still not picking up the phones or answering my emails or anything.

Absolutely infuriating. I totally get delays and busy periods but I didn't even get an estimated time of arrival on my tamper. I spent just under £300 with them and they have 0 customer service so far.  Any time I get the guy on phone he tells me to write email instead then hangs up.

Why don't you just get your credit card company to refund you and buy it from someone else? If you have a record of written correspondence (or lack of) it shouldn't be too difficult? Then buy it from a reputable seller and move on. 

It's good you shared your experience on here though. Clearly it's not a one off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised to see this tbh, my first machine came from CI, Mrs Gee bought it for me as a birthday present, they mis-sold her a low quality machine as a proper Classic, all ancient history now of course, but I wouldn’t give them any money of mine out of choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...