I found some old pics of all my bikes I have had over the last 20 years

My first bike was the Aprilia RS125, quick little bike but reliable it was not, I keep it for a couple of years until I could ride a bigger bike.
tFhtIpfl.jpg

I really liked the old SV650, but sadly that bike was wiped out in a bike crash, lost from the nose to the fuel tank on that one, snapped the fronts cleanly in half no front end left.

3NAYePpl.jpg

couldn't ride for about 5 months after the sv crash but then went out and got the bike I always wanted

UOkydHJl.jpg

liked it so much swapped it out for a newer model, this was just before all the electronics came about in the modern bikes, no traction control, power modes, no ABS. great bike

LKUds47l.png

I do quite a few track days here and there, love abit of closed road racing.

mE7eo6Dl.jpg

I had the blue R1 for about 8 years it was a good bike until things did start to go wrong and then decided to trade it in and swapped the R1 for something about different and went for a Suzuki GSR750

eZkdeool.png

had the GSR750 for about 2 years and I missed the litre lump and so ended up the the BM S1000R which is current.

U5bsy7Fl.png

• Like 6

I know next to nowt about bikes but this is nice....
(I know a little about cars and the Atom is "shit-ot" so the Ace ought to be)

sportAndCars.jpg

Started off with a GSXR k2 600. Then a Triumph Daytona 675 2011. Thought I wanted more power so got a CBR 954. Had a baby, freaked out about sports bikes so bought a Husaberg fe 450 thinking I’d go green laneing again. Hate the bloody thing and it’s been at the bottom of my garden for nearly 2 years. Really need to sell it but not sure if I would get another bike with 2 children now. Still love bikes and would love to be out on one but I don’t have the available free time or want to be away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamaha: RD50, TZR125, SR125, FZS1000 Fazer
Honda: VFR750FS
BMW: R1200RT SE
Ducati: MTS1200 Touring x2 (first without Skyhook suspension, then with)
KTM: 1290 Super Adventure

Still got the Fazer and the KTM. Currently Chief Observer for Severn Advanced Motorcyclists and a qualified National Observer. Setting up a bike touring business in Spain when things get back to normal.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Drewster said:

I know next to nowt about bikes but this is nice....
(I know a little about cars and the Atom is "shit-ot" so the Ace ought to be)

sportAndCars.jpg

Unfortunately, their magic on bikes only really extends to body work. It's not as hot as you'd expect (but not too bad since it started as a VFR1200 engine). More of a collector's curio than a performance beast.

7 hours ago, -Mac said:

Unfortunately, their magic on bikes only really extends to body work. It's not as hot as you'd expect (but not too bad since it started as a VFR1200 engine). More of a collector's curio than a performance beast.

Oddly the intention behind the Ace wasn't to create a "performance beast" - the thought being that that was a very crowded market the idea was to create a distinctive tourer. I think it managed "distinctive".

The Atom however was always intended as a "performance beast" (albeit originally intended to be "a cheap and reliable road usable car without massive complex technology")

NB" "Cheap" being relative..... F1/Supercar "performance" for about 20k when an "equivalent" Supercar was IRO 100-200K
"Reliable" meaning you could drive it too and from track days in any weather (unlike eg a Radical which while technically road legal not really being drivable on the road)

Obviously the "cheap" dropped out a bit with models like the V8 etc....
As did the lack of complexity... V8 had "launch control" etc and was basically undrivable without the technology..... (and nailing together 2 x Hyabusa engines to make a V8 isn't basic)

Started with a slightly beaten up 1955 bsa b31 (with a zb32 goldie engine), then bought a 1948 triumph tiger 100. More recently bought a box of bits 1938 velocette kss mkII which is almost ready to ride and incredibly fortunate to have inherited a Brough superior 1150 from my father (which he inherited from his)!

Since my dad had fast bikes before the Brough, he knows how easy they are to ride and how quick you can go without even realising. So he always said I'm more than welcome to get a sports bike, but I wouldn't inherit the Brough if I did!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

• Like 3

James 125, up the 'back entry's also a Matchless 350 before 16!

AJS 250. Honda Super Dream 250.

By this time thought I had better take test as riding by seat of pants for previous 20 years! I had gone for test on AJS 250, 20 years previously, but bike broke down on the way to the test centre so gave that up as a bad job.

Honda 70 step through, at the time the lowest cc to be allowed to ride anything after passing the test was 70cc. Honda 70 was 72cc!

Honda CX500 (Plastic Maggot) after passing test on the 70.

Yamaha XJ900.

Toured India for 2 years on an Enfield Bullet 500.

Returned to England and bought a new 200cc Chinese jobbie. Lasted a year and it then went on top of a fire on bonfire night and nearly completely melted! 

Honda Pan European 1100cc (before they upped cc and developed a speed wobble!)

Triumph Trident 900, for the last 10 years.

Edited by ratty
for clarity
  • Like 1

Started with a Matchless 250 and like @Ratty learned to ride it up the back alley before I was old enough for a license.

Then a string of increasingly larger Meriden triumphs ending with Bonnevilles. A few Ducati singles, including a 250 Desmo - I used to help out a friend that raced them and got to really like them.

A few BMW boxers over the years and some Japanese - 400/4, XL250, XL125, SR350, CX500 (briefly before I cut it up to make a JZR kit car).

Worked dispatch riding in London for about a year, started on a 650 bonnie but quickly changed to a Honda 400/4.

I bought my Vincent Rapide and Comet in the mid 80's and have had them ever since (I also built up a Rapide engined Norvin but have now sold it). I have an early Honda CN250 for day to day use that stands in for our second car.

I have done more distance on my lawnmower (650cc V twin engine!) than I have on bikes during the lock down.

Edited by Norvin
  • Like 2

A few bikers and with quite a few difference in bike styles and makes here!! It has been cracking weather, shame about lockdown, but I have managed to get out after the restriction was lifted a little (and kept to the social distancing rules!!)

My hornet was my first love , ace easy going bike but a bind on longer rides. My Falco was a beauty and sounded mint with the Carbon cans I put on. The Road King was the honey moon bike I rode from San Francisco to LA along the coast.  Then I had Kids and now I have no bikes and just drink coffee :)

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00076.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

• Like 1

The old Falco!! I remember them not seen one for donkeys years!!!, great sounding bike, didn't see to many on the roads. I always wanted a TL1000s (A.K.A the Widowmaker!!!) but sadly never got one, just out my reach at the time.

Edited by Adam.f
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, -Mac said:

Yamaha: RD50, TZR125, SR125, FZS1000 Fazer
Honda: VFR750FS
BMW: R1200RT SE
Ducati: MTS1200 Touring x2 (first without Skyhook suspension, then with)
KTM: 1290 Super Adventure

Still got the Fazer and the KTM. Currently Chief Observer for Severn Advanced Motorcyclists and a qualified National Observer. Setting up a bike touring business in Spain when things get back to normal.

Was just yesterday I was looking at the KTM Superduke 1290 R, maybe next bike!!

Good luck with the new venture in Spain

• Thanks 1

I started on (mostly off) a Lambretta LI150 moved onto a Tiger Cub, passed my test and got a Triumph Thunderbird.

Got into the Jap stuff when I moved to Australia and went through the entire Suzuki 2 strokes and ended up on a Kettle (GT750 Water cooled)

Came back to the UK and bought a Honda VF750 Custom then upped to a VF1100 Custom.

Despatched for 3 years on an old boxer RT100 then became a riding instuctor on various bikes (VFR750 GS750 amonst them).

Eventually cou7ld afford a Pan Euro 1100 and ended up on a Pan Euro 1300.

All in all a great life with lots of fun along the way.

ST1100 On Wall.JPG

ST1300 1.JPG

VF750 Custom Right Side.jpg

VF1100 Custom Left Side.JPG

VFR750 Right Side.JPG

BMW & Courier Kit.JPG

Edited by hubcap
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Drewster said:

Oddly the intention behind the Ace wasn't to create a "performance beast" - the thought being that that was a very crowded market the idea was to create a distinctive tourer. I think it managed "distinctive".

I know. You're the one who said it ought to be "shit-ot". It's not. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jonnycooper29 said:

Started with a slightly beaten up 1955 bsa b31 (with a zb32 goldie engine), then bought a 1948 triumph tiger 100. More recently bought a box of bits 1938 velocette kss mkII which is almost ready to ride and incredibly fortunate to have inherited a Brough superior 1150 from my father (which he inherited from his)!

Since my dad had fast bikes before the Brough, he knows how easy they are to ride and how quick you can go without even realising. So he always said I'm more than welcome to get a sports bike, but I wouldn't inherit the Brough if I did!

Wow! Brough's are mega money.

Currently on xdiavel hardly ridden of late as would commute usually and didnt fancy getting knocked off at all which would be typical in these times!

V twin about 1250cc, a bit like harley feet forward position riding but handles so well, traction control cornering ABS and launch control! certainly helps in wet weather.  The 240 section tyre is not cheap and the front wears fast to due to weight and tyre is more sports type, but they work so well and rather be upright!

Other is possible next bike, new Rocket 3r, only 2600cc triple! 

Xd clean.jpg

2019-Triumph-Rocket-3-50-RESIZE.jpg

• Like 1

Started off charging up and down a local disused railway line at the age of 13 on a shonky old Mobylette with no lid, then going through a couple of Fizzies at 16, then went through (in order) a Suzuki TS185, RD200 teardrop, GS750 spoked wheel, CBR1000F jelly mould (Rocket ship) a ‘98 T595 Triumph, ‘06 Daytona675, a Gixer600 K2 race only, a self prepped track only 675 and lastly a Tiger 900 (Yellow of course), of them all only the track 675 (08) and the Tiger remain, although the 675 will be up for sale when the bike market gets going again along with the remaining race/trackday paraphernalia.

A second new hip seems to have killed my fun on two wheels for now, I tried riding on track again after the op, sharing a day with a mate who was also walking wounded, but the fun had gone for me, so selling seems only sensible.

• Like 1

Fwiw @jonnycooper29 my Dad had a Brough Superior as well, sadly his was “an old nail with a chair attached that occasionally ran on both cylinders” and was flogged for some other bike that he fancied back in the day, the one that got away eh? 

Fwiw @jonnycooper29 my Dad had a Brough Superior as well, sadly his was “an old nail with a chair attached that occasionally ran on both cylinders” and was flogged for some other bike that he fancied back in the day, the one that got away eh? 
They are beautiful bikes, but requires constant tinkering to keep them going. Having said that, she gets more beautiful everytime I look at her! b54973f8aa621c44966579f574ff8b97.jpg

• Like 2

My grandad nearly bought a Brough Superior SS100 with sidecar. Went to see it, ummed and arred... Went home.. Went back and hour later when he'd decided to buy it and it'd gone. Pillock..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..