Experimental/funky beans

Crankhouse just launched a couple of anaerobic processed selections from El Salvador...Also overloaded with beans right now  
Oh boy... If you (or anyone else) end up getting it, could you please report here if it actually boozy and liqueury? I'd take a plunge if so.
  • Like 1

Gaggia Classic '96 (OPV mod / Rancilio wand/PID) + Niche Zero

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey. To my surprise I couldn't find a thread here on all things experimental (anaerobic, yeast inoculation, thick layering etc). I'm all about the funk these days and nothing else excites me somehow.

Ah we know Jollybean on here. I think he was a member before he started the roasting business. I've had stuff from him that I enjoyed very much.  Back to my post from 17th Sep, I finally gave in

So I can report back on a couple...  Crankhouse's Colombia XO is the weirdest but potentially greatest bean I've tried. It's literally punch of funky rum with fruity notes in the background. I lo

Posted Images

I've gotten addicted to this Brazilian anaerobic processed w/passion fruit from Bell Lane here in Ireland. For comparative fun, they also have a version processed with Sugar cane, and an aerobic one (from a different farm in the same region). 

I ordered it on a lark initially. Small bag, no great loss if I didn't like it. Then discovered that funky and fruity is apparently my cup of choice. 

I was really happy to discover this thread and look forward to trying some of the ones you've mentioned. 

• Like 3
I've gotten addicted to this Brazilian anaerobic processed w/passion fruit from Bell Lane here in Ireland. For comparative fun, they also have a version processed with Sugar cane, and an aerobic one (from a different farm in the same region). 
I ordered it on a lark initially. Small bag, no great loss if I didn't like it. Then discovered that funky and fruity is apparently my cup of choice. 
I was really happy to discover this thread and look forward to trying some of the ones you've mentioned. 
Good to have you here Go team funk.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7hg9u6z8pqx0nruir5cy474f4u2nr1m5b4ph1ytz8&rid=giphy.gif
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just put an order for 500x2 of Anaerobics from Crankhouse. With a special bundle discount it comes out at £7.5 per 250g which is a steal for Pacamara. Fingers crossed they are as boozy as that Pineapple Candy.51bc3aaef0ec999d1a068c48c850c425.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zeak said:

Just put an order for 500x2 of Anaerobics from Crankhouse. With a special bundle discount it comes out at £7.5 per 250g which is a steal for Pacamara. Fingers crossed they are as boozy as that Pineapple Candy.51bc3aaef0ec999d1a068c48c850c425.jpg

That’s a sweet deal, hope they’re as ripe and boozy as they sound 🍹🥭🍍

£50 a kilo because I can only put four lots of 250 in.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

2 hours ago, Zeak said:

These do look interesting. Does any one tend to get large amounts of emails from Horsham of the 'how are you? It's been a while...' or 'did you forget something?' variety. Great Roaster, fantastic coffee but beginning to really dislike their automated mail settings-it's far from 'funky'!

These do look interesting. Does any one tend to get large amounts of emails from Horsham of the 'how are you? It's been a while...' or 'did you forget something?' variety. Great Roaster, fantastic coffee but beginning to really dislike their automated mail settings-it's far from 'funky'!

Haha, tell me about it. They do need to tone down their comms but on the other hand it damn right works as I keep opening them and making a purchase. But, emails like "Are you ok? You've been awfully quite lately" two days after I purchased 1.5kg of beans from them is a bit over the top lol.ff14932b07c35d9febb7b05114be5ba7.jpg
  • Haha 1

This is currently my favourite thread, glad it got started, a constant supply of great recommendations. All I need to do is actually get on top of all my stocks and the LSOL and actually try some!

___
Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I agree got far to much here right now, I need to freeze some down.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I literally have 17.5g of any beans left lol. At one moment (fairly recently) had so much I had to freeze some, and now I'm finding myself in this awkward situation. WFH increased consumption dramatically. Hoping Mr Postman comes tomorrow..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeak said:

I literally have 17.5g of any beans left lol. At one moment (fairly recently) had so much I had to freeze some, and now I'm finding myself in this awkward situation. WFH increased consumption dramatically. Hoping Mr Postman comes tomorrow..

Schoolboy error! 😆

• Like 1
Schoolboy error!
I will pay for this error by drinking instant all day tomorrow..

11 hours ago, Zeak said:
11 hours ago, Jez H said:
Schoolboy error! emoji38.png

I will pay for this error by drinking instant all day tomorrow..

Noooo...........drink tea instead. Preferably Yorkshire Gold!

Ok so Santa Petrona smells like an adventure. Can't wait to try. Putting Pacamara through presso now. Not boozy at all (despite being anaerobic) but sweet and oh so no nice.db4ac45ad49171d043bb05a53b8a286e.jpg

PS can I just say that Crankhouse has the best tactile packaging experience. That sandpapery plastic is super cool.

• Like 1

That Santa Petrona Bourbon is something. Made a few Aeropresses and a few V60s with it. Super flavourful and playful and when reaches room temperature almost tastes like a trendy fruity IPA thanks to that boozy vibe. Will run it through Gaggia properly soon, but already ordered more from David.

On 23/08/2020 at 12:50, Nicd said:

It really annoys me. I asked them to stop it and they replied but it hasn't stopped. Need to ask them again. Might just log out from all my devices so they don't do it again. 

This sounds like it would be interesting to certain people in this thread - https://www.crankhousecoffee.co.uk/products/santa-petrona-pacamara

Also, did anyone try these when barrel aged beans when they were 30% off last week - https://www.crafthousecoffee.co.uk/collections/coffee/products/mexico-guada-lupe-zaju

If I did not have around 5k of beans in my freezer, a kilo turning up tomorrow and some LSOL roaster samples coming I would be all over these

Mr LSOL - November offering here -> Clicky <-