IGNORED

Experimental/funky beans

Zeak

I've ordered up a couple of interesting bags from Neighbourhood that may be of interest on here.

Been hearing a lot about Pink Bourbon, so I've gone for this Colombian one which uses a double ferment process. Decent price for 250g of Pink Bourbon too.

And I also decided to order a bag of these natural Colombian beans. A boozy mix of rum & raisin and blueberry sounds right up my street. The description reminded me of those infamous Monteverde beans from Rave, but I can only pray that they're remotely close to them!

My first order from Neighbourhood, so fingers crossed it's a winner.

• Like 1

I’ve ordered a bag of these: https://www.triplecoroast.com/products/colombia-el-paseo

tropical flavours & florals we've come to love from Jose's experimental lots, and this absolutely ticks the boxes. Expect big juicy fruits & florals with a clarity & cleanliness 

I’m getting anything but the above as espresso. Beans seem to be on the medium/dark side of things. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

3 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@MediumRoastSteam Those flavoured are not really going to come with a darker roast. Quite an expensive coffee too, which is a shame.

I figured as much as soon as I cracked the bag open Dave. 😔

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

40 minutes ago, winterlight said:

I've ordered up a couple of interesting bags from Neighbourhood that may be of interest on here.

Been hearing a lot about Pink Bourbon, so I've gone for this Colombian one which uses a double ferment process. Decent price for 250g of Pink Bourbon too.

And I also decided to order a bag of these natural Colombian beans. A boozy mix of rum & raisin and blueberry sounds right up my street. The description reminded me of those infamous Monteverde beans from Rave, but I can only pray that they're remotely close to them!

My first order from Neighbourhood, so fingers crossed it's a winner.

Just drinking this as I type. Incredible pink bourbon!

https://www.jollybeanroastery.co.uk/store/p/new-rare-lot-colombia-diego-samuel-bermudez-special-processing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2021 at 15:22, Zeak said:

Yesss pleasssse. Would it be too much to ask to post in this group when it's out? 😀

Tres Dragones

Live now along with some other new offerings - Ethiopia Hambela Washed, Peru Tapir Red Honey

Don't forget 15% off with code FORUM15

David

• Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

45 minutes ago, BlackCatCoffee said:

Tres Dragones

Live now along with some other new offerings - Ethiopia Hambela Washed, Peru Tapir Red Honey

Don't forget 15% off with code FORUM15

David

Ahhhhh wish I’d hung on a couple of hours but have put an order in with NorthStar this afternoon. Ah well I’ll order next week as going through beans at the moment at a ridiculous rate for me!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BenTenor said:

Ahhhhh wish I’d hung on a couple of hours but have put an order in with NorthStar this afternoon. Ah well I’ll order next week as going through beans at the moment at a ridiculous rate for me!!

They should be about for a while don’t worry! 

David 

• Thanks 1

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

On 29/04/2021 at 20:35, nufc1 said:

Just ordered a bag of these David along with some others. Looking forward to it. Sounds delicious!

Following up on this. These beans are excellent @BlackCatCoffee!  They're boozy and funky but also carry quite a lot of clean acidity which I find is often lost in a lot of naturals. Definitely the best bean I've had from Black Cat!

I forgot to mention how I got on with Neighbourhood's Colombian Finca Patio Bonito beans, so here we go...

My first time with pink bourbon and double fermentation, so I was curious as to what would be waiting in the cup. And, well, it was a pleasant brew if not life changing. Very floral, fragrant and sweet. Couldn't really pick out any of the tasting notes that Neighbourhood suggested, but if you're a fan of sweet, floral coffees it's recommended.

20210427_124740.jpg

The Neighbourhood Colombian beans above did not disappoint.

As it cooled there was a massive hit of rum and raisin. Really very nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tongle said:

The Neighbourhood Colombian beans above did not disappoint.

As it cooled there was a massive hit of rum and raisin. Really very nice!

I was a big fan of those as well. I actually found it also tasted fantastic even when it was pretty hot - always a good sign in my experience.

• Like 1