IGNORED

Experimental/funky beans

Zeak

Ive just ordered from Plot. They seem to have some boozy, extended fermentations and some experimental stuff all from Guatemala. Crankhouse Exeter also has the Las Margaritas Colombian natural, absolutely amazing pineapple punch fruit bomb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeak said:

ha. please report back! sounds tempting! 

I've picked up a 4 bag assortment from @Crownandcanvas. Trying to chase that pineapple dream .) Hopefully the Honduras bean has some.

Funny that, I just took a bag of the Honduras out of the freezer stash...it’s a lovely cup, kinda light and refreshing rather than boozy pineapple, and superb value. 

Just finished half of the North Star LSOL and the Black Cat Mandela, both of which were tropical bangers of the highest grade 😁

I really struggled with the Honduras over Christmas. I can't recall the settings and I definitely put it down to inexperience but I didn't enjoy them as much as you all seem to have. Maybe I'm just showing my inexperience but I'm definitely finding some of these funky beans to be more difficult than, say, a more forgiving blend. Not all, of course, but my success rate is definitely a lot lower than it is for some of you lot.

5 hours ago, Geolinoooh said:

Crankhouse Exeter also has the Las Margaritas Colombian natural, absolutely amazing pineapple punch fruit bomb.

Plenty of love for Crankhouse round these parts...and Cafe Granja Esperanza!

Maybe give @BlackCatCoffee a go - he's also offering the Mandela and with nice little forum discount 🙏 

16 hours ago, Geolinoooh said:

Ive just ordered from Plot. They seem to have some boozy, extended fermentations and some experimental stuff all from Guatemala. Crankhouse Exeter also has the Las Margaritas Colombian natural, absolutely amazing pineapple punch fruit bomb.

Plot's offerings are very good at the moment. I had two of the Guatemalan ones (Champagne Yeast and Hydro processes) and they were both amazing.

7 hours ago, winterlight said:

Plot's offerings are very good at the moment. I had two of the Guatemalan ones (Champagne Yeast and Hydro processes) and they were both amazing.

I went for the Hydro, love boozy naturals. Very excited for it. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2021 at 21:40, Stu Beck said:

Plenty of love for Crankhouse round these parts...and Cafe Granja Esperanza!

Maybe give @BlackCatCoffee a go - he's also offering the Mandela and with nice little forum discount 🙏 

Sad to report but Mandela is no more..

7 hours ago, Zeak said:

Sad to report but Mandela is no more..

I believe Crankhouse is down to the very last of the Mandela too. I think I went through 4 bags of it. Incredible coffee. Had anyone heard of anyone getting anything from Finca Hartman this year? I Still dream of the Rocky Mountain lot 6 from a couple years back.