IGNORED

Experimental/funky beans

Zeak

42 minutes ago, Stu Beck said:

Enjoying the Ugandan Ibanda from Django - tonnes of strawberries and plums, quite clean for a natural process as filter, but turns into a funky fruity cheesecake with a shorter milk based brew.

It might not be an experimental process, but it’s a solid choice and great value.

The Ibanda is fantastic. Just weighed my beans out for the morning! 

• Like 1

Already have one in the shed and my partner is complaining there's no room for food anymore! I have very little self control. 

Is there a way to tell whether a particular coffee has a short/long run for a roaster? If I knew there's enough stock to be sold next X weeks I would have a much easier time with my fear of missing out!

Tried the Finca El Paraiso from Gardelli this morning, as V60. I must say it tastes excellent, and exactly as described on their website, very peachy/apricoty. Very elegant and refined, unlike some of the crazy "candy fruit" type of beans.

Is it worth the price? I don't know... had it with the Black Friday offer which made it a bit easier to swallow (and price per cup ends up being OK compared to going out for coffee). Probably in my top 5 ever, and other coffees I have in stock might seem a bit lacklustre after this one, but it's clearly not number 1 for me. This spot still belongs to the NinetyPlus Jose Alfredo Process Panama Gesha... wish I had bought some of those when I had the occasion (or, even more accurately: wish I lived in Japan)!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tripleshot said:

I got both black and yellow honey. Never had any honey process so having both to compare side by side -- well, one after the next -- over Xmas feels like a great novel experience.

Have you tried them yet? Interestingly, I noticed on their website it said to use them within 1 month! Just in case you missed it! 

3 hours ago, Jez H said:

Have you tried them yet? Interestingly, I noticed on their website it said to use them within 1 month! Just in case you missed it! 

Oh good shout I hadn't noticed that. I only just received them last week. Looking at my calendar, they're scheduled to be used before the end of the year so all good (I aim for using beans around 3 weeks or so after roast)