LSOL June - Caravan Roasters [London]

Struggling with a super tasty espresso out of this one, but pleasant. Thanks for organising!

edit: burned through about 200g this morning trying to dial in!

Edited by filthynines

Decent DE1XL ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, this is what it is. We have our second Rwandan and it is SHOLI COOPERATIVE - Tasting notes are Juicy red plum and candied grapefruit notes with a pomegranate acidity and a buttery creamy body

I understand we have a full house of sub and guest payments in so order can be placed on schedule tomorrow for delivery around the middle to end of week [emoji16] Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You should have a guess..... don't worry about not having a clue. I would suggest that most of us "don't have a clue".... I am sure there are a few who can taste a coffee and make a genuine

Posted Images

Unfortunately I started this after the reveal.  Decent results from the off though with my new replacement machine which arrived just as my last beans ran out.  Seems to be good as espresso.  A touch of bitterness at present but I'm only six shots in.  Thanks again.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

On 28/06/2020 at 09:11, filthynines said:

Struggling with a super tasty espresso out of this one, but pleasant. Thanks for organising!

edit: burned through about 200g this morning trying to dial in!

I was lucky that I let one run long by accident which was a massive push in the right direction to calm the acidity down. 

Now this is dialled in we're enjoying gorgeous flat whites.  15 to 34 in 18s.  93 degrees.  Constant 64% pump power for those with a SDB.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

For anyone interested I've found the best recipe to use so far as 18 in 36 out in around 40 seconds. Very nice solo and in milk

Gaggia Classic 2014 w/silvia wand; Sage SGP

I am finding that my shots are getting slightly more acidic (not unpleasant but I am getting a green apple taste) now that my bag has been open a week and a half or so. I am having to grind slightly finer. 

Anybody else noticing a change over time?

• Like 1

I’ve noticed a slight increase in acidity as the beans have aged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I am finding that my shots are getting slightly more acidic (not unpleasant but I am getting a green apple taste) now that my bag has been open a week and a half or so. I am having to grind slightly finer. 
Anybody else noticing a change over time?
In Wine production (my industry) apple aromas and taste are attributed to oxidation, I dont know if this is that same in coffees though?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The last 3 posts are really interesting. I've recently posted in another thread about a potential need to change the grind as beans age. I wasn't in on this LSOL so can't comment on this one in particular.