IGNORED

Ebay Refused delivery

Jony

Correct me if I'm wrong, I emailed seller after not telling me the shipping company he used and locationewas Belfast and do wanted to cancel, he and he wasn't in Portsmouth said you can't it's been shipped when it came in refused delivery. Take note it was A Drone. He now just said this when I asked for a refund. Can he charge me I'm sure I'm covered through ebay.

IMG_20200529_084355.jpg

Edited by Jony

Watch out as I think Paypal or eBay (cannot recall which) allow sellers to deduct a fixed percentage on refunds for returned/ rejected goods, despite what the law says. Doesn't mean they can & should get away with it, just that they may be less than useful.

I had changed my mind didn't want it. Then when he changed his location and delivery company booked my day off from work, he then said he's in belfast and used DHL not Portsmouth and DPD and came two days late. I told I wanted to cancel and he said I cannot. Because it was already posted. I'm am well within my right to refuse delivery if I don't want he told me to sign for it then ship it back to him. Fell for that before.

Edited by Jony

Distance selling regs (which do apply here as they're a business seller) allow for sellers to make buyers pay return postage, that does appear on the listing. Could reasonbly argue any fee DHL charge to return could amount to this (afaik they don't charge anything, though), but doubtful eBay would follow that even if it were the case. Sure you'll get a full refund even if you end up opening a case to get it.