IGNORED

Best geisha/gesha out atm

At the present time there are a lot of companies releasing geisha / gesha coffee and I’m wondering for either expresso or filter what people have tried and can recommend? Just seen origin, neighbourhood, missingbean and fair few others too 

• Like 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had a fair few Gesha lots this year so far and a lot of quite rare stuff that (to me) falls in the same level of rare/super high end.    Assembly - Panama Monteverde yellow natty Geisha

Ive had some great stuff from non uk roasters that have cost me £12-15 

Yeah but enough about the UK, what about Dubai?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Joe shorrock said:

At the present time there are a lot of companies releasing geisha / gesha coffee and I’m wondering for either expresso or filter what people have tried and can recommend? Just seen origin, neighbourhood, missingbean and fair few others too 

The high end geisha's are normally roasted, optimised  for filter .Plus most limit the bags to 150g , and do you wanna be using that little to get a shot from

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

The high end geisha's are normally roasted, optimised  for filter .Plus most limit the bags to 150g , and do you wanna be using that little to get a shot from

Just find it mad to dial that in.. 

Try Colonna's "rare" offerings. They change every 6 weeks or so, I've had a couple of them and they've been great. 150g bags with a 600g bag option, roast to filter or espresso but I wouldn't roast to espresso (and this is a relatively new option from them).

https://colonnacoffee.com/products/beans-rare

Currently Hartmann Rocky Mountain Natural Geisha.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Try Colonna's "rare" offerings. They change every 6 weeks or so, I've had a couple of them and they've been great. 150g bags with a 600g bag option, roast to filter or espresso but I wouldn't roast to espresso (and this is a relatively new option from them).

https://colonnacoffee.com/products/beans-rare

Currently Hartmann Rocky Mountain Natural Geisha.

Was looking at them tbf, go to bath often to collona (shop) before lockdown have nice coffees in there day to day! You tried the geisha they’ve got on atm? 

1 hour ago, Joe shorrock said:

Just find it mad to dial that in.. 

That's because they are roasted for filter brewing, I think you will be disappointed of most of them as espresso. 

They are delicate, need to cool to room temperature to get the best from them and if you plan in using milk for em forget it . 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

That's because they are roasted for filter brewing, I think you will be disappointed of most of them as espresso. 

They are delicate, need to cool to room temperature to get the best from them and if you plan in using milk for em forget it . 

My plan was for filter but don’t think il good enough yet to buy it . Even so for filter I think you need to be experienced not to waste it 😎

Edited by Joe shorrock
Change
10 minutes ago, Joe shorrock said:

Silly money that is, serious v60 drinker for that 

The costs of these little treats every so often (shared between me and my partner) fade away when you consider what a terrible fking year its been.

• Like 1

Once my pineapple candy runs out i may try one 

I had a 150g bag from crankhouse but really struggled to get the flavours from it with the v60

@Jony do you drink that much coffee, 😲 must admit from the vid i just watched the Moccamaster is a nice bit of kit

Way too early for this sh...

2 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

The costs of these little treats every so often (shared between me and my partner) fade away when you consider what a terrible fking year its been.

Very true! Dreadful! What v60 method/recipe do you use? 

25 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

I had a 150g bag from crankhouse but really struggled to get the flavours from it with the v60

@Jony do you drink that much coffee, 😲 must admit from the vid i just watched the Moccamaster is a nice bit of kit

I tried that crank as light expresso was v tasty was suprised 

1 hour ago, Cuprajake said:

I do. You still using that pour over recipe

You get a limo down there aswell? 😆

I can't walk there, I do live around 5 miles away not that posh.

Very true! Dreadful! What v60 method/recipe do you use? 

For v60 I switch between two, either:

22>352g. Water off boil (approx 96-97c).

Bloom 66g, aggresive swirl

@0:30 pour to 200ml, circular, 6-7ml/s, very gentle swirl (to level bed but not to aggitate)

@1:20 pour to 352ml, circular, 6-7ml/s, very gentle swirl, optional gentle stir to knock coffee off the brewer wall

Finish typically between 3:00 and 3:45 depending on bean, pour rate, grind size, temperature, fines migration etc.

This is a modified version of Johnathan Gagne/coffeeadastra method.

or

A method similar to the current April method, see:

Edited by catpuccino
  • Like 1