IGNORED

Impressed with 3d printed mods to the Eureka Mignon

gingemonster

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2021 at 03:18, Ilias said:

I am quite happy with my single dosing mod btw. 

I might print a tray too, as it does make a mess....

1010854453_eureka-singledosing.thumb.jpg.b5856f2ffe1e5c8e445f06ca1e9f6fc1.jpg

Hi where can I get that white dosing funnel. Need a 1 white as I have the white specialita coming. Looks smart that.

I printed mine myself. I guess you can ask any 3d printing service to print you in any colour combination you like. There are filaments in any colour you can imagine....

Btw. After a few weeks of using it, I love it. The bellows seems as good as the first days. So I expect it to last (someone asked about longevity)

• Like 2

Thanks @Ilias, yours looks to be a perfect colour match.

If I was to get one printed , how would I get the correct shade of white done ?
Do you have the printing file and colour code that you used ?
Would the printer then have to buy a batch of the correct coloured printing stuff.

Apologies for the basic questions but I’ve no idea how the 3D printing process works.

Edited by Waitforme

I just used white PLA (this one) and black TPU (this one).

I didn't try to match it, it is just what I had at home :) ... 
I was actually afraid I didn't have enough white PLA (the spool was almost empty) and I was contemplating to print this in shiny gold, lol :P. But the print is just a few grams so it doesn't take a lot of material (the actual material cost is ~3GBP)

Ilias

Btw, if you are 3d printing things I also printed a funnel that locks onto the portafilter and a wdt tool. Quite happy with those too. 

The funnel (this one) allows hands-free grinding as you lock it and then just place it on the pf holder. 

The WDT tool (this one) also works very well with the funnel. 

20210215_093819.thumb.jpg.e6c321fb03f5baa9e9d825c837f48eb5.jpg

Edited by Ilias
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Ilias - Curious to know if the mod you settled on stops popcorning and if so, how? With the original hopper you can close the gate to stop the beans popcorning around but with that mod (which looks excellent otherwise) it seems that the beans would just jump around even more without anything weighing them down or stopping them jumping around in there?

20 minutes ago, pandabear said:

@Ilias - Curious to know if the mod you settled on stops popcorning and if so, how? With the original hopper you can close the gate to stop the beans popcorning around but with that mod (which looks excellent otherwise) it seems that the beans would just jump around even more without anything weighing them down or stopping them jumping around in there?

You can't with just those two pieces, the beans will fly about in there. I used a weighted plunger to place inside the hopper design to apply consistent downwards force and stop popcorning

So you're trading grind retention for popcorning. Surely that's a moot situation (gram or so of stale grinds or "inconsistent" grinds)?

I can't find the STL files for the small mod you've photographed above, did you share it at all?

28 minutes ago, pandabear said:

So you're trading grind retention for popcorning. Surely that's a moot situation (gram or so of stale grinds or "inconsistent" grinds)?

I can't find the STL files for the small mod you've photographed above, did you share it at all?

Use a bellows as well so minimal retention but just means you have an extra part. Got some guy on eBay to piece it together based on some guides 

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thread having seen https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/42634-eureka-mignon-adjustment-knob this and looking to see if Mignon owners had tried it here.

Just wondered how people are finding these 3d printed larger adjustment knobs (not necessarily the design I linked but rather any) - particularly how well they work and whether they are worth it.

8 hours ago, Zatogato said:

I found this thread having seen https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/42634-eureka-mignon-adjustment-knob this and looking to see if Mignon owners had tried it here.

Just wondered how people are finding these 3d printed larger adjustment knobs (not necessarily the design I linked but rather any) - particularly how well they work and whether they are worth it.

If it fits well with no slipping it lets you make more accurate small adjustments to the grind. That is one of my few gripes with the specialita, it is difficult to fine tune grind size due to the small sizing of the adjustment wheel, perceptible movements cause large changes in grind so you’ve got to just nudge the wheel (to the point you’re wondering if you have turned it at all). The Mignon XL comes with a bigger wheel fitted so it’s clearly a step up from a design perspective.

• Thanks 1

PMA all day!