IGNORED

Impressed with 3d printed mods to the Eureka Mignon

gingemonster

16 minutes ago, mudog49000 said:

Is it possible to ask that guy to draw this version? lol

Wouldn't say so unfortunately 😔 The improvements on the version I have is that the hopper thickness is the full width of the internal rubber washer at the entry to the burrs. Mine has a section etched out, rather than cutout, were the notch is and is not the full thickness of the rubber washer.

I tried a makeshift plunger from a wooden dowel of the diameter of the hopper with a cut out to fit notch. Beans get trapped between the dowel and the part of the washer though as the level drops. So it only serves not prevent some of the popcorning when timed right.

The only fault I see with that other version is the funnel element will make it difficult to fit any sort of bellows to clear out the ~2g of retained grinds in the chute/burrs. This kind of negates the single dosing setup if you can't get this out as you dose.

If there's anyone feeling generous I can provide the file I have to work off...

Edited by Sean1ucc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@mudog49000 got a version made with a few adjustments - did a square and cylindrical version of the same rough design. Plunger section has a void which the 416 stainless steel goes in to provide some weight. Other bits are large adjustment wheel, portafilter fork blank as don't use it and vertical chute mod.

20210130_123517.jpg

27 minutes ago, Sean1ucc said:

@mudog49000 got a version made with a few adjustments - did a square and cylindrical version of the same rough design. Plunger section has a void which the 416 stainless steel goes in to provide some weight. Other bits are large adjustment wheel, portafilter fork blank as don't use it and vertical chute mod.

20210130_123517.jpg

be good to see them in use :) 

I did get the think_long try as suggested and while it was ok i was finding it wasnt catching everything.

So i went bigger, actually 5cm longer and now i am very pleased with it.  I have shown the original with the even longer version underneath for comparison. I am really liking the new Mignon too :) 

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

2 minutes ago, Slee said:

I did get the think_long try as suggested and while it was ok i was finding it wasnt catching everything.

I actually found the same thing and ended up getting a larger one made as well

In a cruel twist of fate my Specialita broke yesterday morning and everything arrived today. Will be the end of next week before I can show it in operation I reckon. Grinder is on its way back to be fixed/replaced under warranty as only 3 months old.

20210130_131226.jpg

10 minutes ago, Sean1ucc said:

I actually found the same thing and ended up getting a larger one made as well

In a cruel twist of fate my Specialita broke yesterday morning and everything arrived today. Will be the end of next week before I can show it in operation I reckon. Grinder is on its way back to be fixed/replaced under warranty as only 3 months old.

That looks nice, very interested in seeing it in situ. Looks like you went wider as well ? 

Hope you get the grinder back soon!

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

@Sean1ucc Hi matey, did you do this on your Ender 3 ??

I don't actually have a 3D printer, used a guy from eBay who someone else in this thread had used. I drew what I wanted and gave measurements then he designed and printed