IGNORED

Impressed with 3d printed mods to the Eureka Mignon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Received my Eureka Facile today and of course immediately covered the work surface with grounds and saw the wife scowling at me out from the living room. Having a 3d printer I thought it worth checkin

Now my gaggia classic arrived I have printed the portafilter funnel I found as well that’s specific to this grinder and the classic, @Valkyrie88 you mentioned this model and yes i had noticed it as we

Very satisfied with the tray :-  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hubcap said:

Can anyone recommend a printing firm for the single dosing funnel & lid ?

I've tried makeitquick but the cost is really outrageous.

The e-bay amateurs seem to be the best bet price wise, i was quoted:

Eureka_Plate.STL = £7.50
Eureka_Tray_Thin.STL = £6.80
Eureka_Tray_Thin_long.STL = £7.50

+ £2.95 postage 

For the tray

Does anyone else's tray vibrate its way forward as you grind? might have to put some rubber feet on it...

Edited by siliconslave
1 hour ago, siliconslave said:

Does anyone else's tray vibrate its way forward as you grind? might have to put some rubber feet on it...

A tiny spot of blu tack stops mine from moving.

Have also contacted a printer on ebay, I will update when I receive a reply.

Edited by hubcap
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have stl files for a cylindrical single dosing hopper with lid if anyone needs it. You can easily get a cylindrical metal rod cutoff from ebay to act as a weight. 38mm diameter will fit inside  and allow for protruding piece near entry to neck.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/11/2020 at 16:15, Sean1ucc said:

I have stl files for a cylindrical single dosing hopper with lid if anyone needs it. You can easily get a cylindrical metal rod cutoff from ebay to act as a weight. 38mm diameter will fit inside  and allow for protruding piece near entry to neck.

Hi Sean, I would love to have the file to have a look if possible. Do you design and draw it yourself? I have found a design on Etsy that also comes with the plunger.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/900515137/eureka-mignon-3d-printed-single-dose?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=eureka+mignon&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

However it is from the US and the delivery fee cost me as much as the product itself. I am wondering if anyone here could help to design for a file so I could get it printed from a 3D print shop. I am willing to pay for a reasonably price if anyone can print it for me too!

8 minutes ago, mudog49000 said:

Hi Sean, I would love to have the file to have a look if possible. Do you design and draw it yourself? I have found a design on Etsy that also comes with the plunger.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/900515137/eureka-mignon-3d-printed-single-dose?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=eureka+mignon&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

However it is from the US and the delivery fee cost me as much as the product itself. I am wondering if anyone here could help to design for a file so I could get it printed from a 3D print shop. I am willing to pay for a reasonably price if anyone can print it for me too!

That's an improvement on the design on I got! There were some on reddit and I just messaged the guy and asked him for the stl then he sent it over. Can email it on to you but that version is better 

5 minutes ago, Sean1ucc said:

That's an improvement on the design on I got! There were some on reddit and I just messaged the guy and asked him for the stl then he sent it over. Can email it on to you but that version is better 

Is it possible to ask that guy to draw this version? lol

16 minutes ago, mudog49000 said:

Is it possible to ask that guy to draw this version? lol

Wouldn't say so unfortunately 😔 The improvements on the version I have is that the hopper thickness is the full width of the internal rubber washer at the entry to the burrs. Mine has a section etched out, rather than cutout, were the notch is and is not the full thickness of the rubber washer.

I tried a makeshift plunger from a wooden dowel of the diameter of the hopper with a cut out to fit notch. Beans get trapped between the dowel and the part of the washer though as the level drops. So it only serves not prevent some of the popcorning when timed right.

The only fault I see with that other version is the funnel element will make it difficult to fit any sort of bellows to clear out the ~2g of retained grinds in the chute/burrs. This kind of negates the single dosing setup if you can't get this out as you dose.

If there's anyone feeling generous I can provide the file I have to work off...

Edited by Sean1ucc
  • 2 weeks later...

HI All,

i am interested in the tray but which file did you use for the design out of:

Eureka_Plate.STL
Eureka_Tray_Thin.STL
Eureka_Tray_Thin_long.STL

What are the differences between them ?

Thanks