1 minute ago, Drewster said:

(Maybe to be safe both of the above with the Marvel Universe offerings as back-up?)

Don't forget Ben Hur (Charlton Heston version)...I had to sit through that in the Cinema with my mum as a 6 year old for over 3.5 hours, with the 2 Intermissions and B movie beforehand it was over 5.5 hours of hell!

• Like 1
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum seems to be broken again. Activity / new posts doesn’t work (and many others).   tried multiple devices, on Tapatalk and web. Nada. Letting @Tait know,

We're not capable lol, even though I have access to settings. But we have a batline to Tait to let him know... as in 'Taaaaaaaaaiiiiittt.. The forum is f______ked again.. Give it a kick please..' 

It's been raised...like a good Pork Pie.

Posted Images

Broken again it seems?

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Broken again it seems?

:facepalm:

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

3 minutes ago, Drewster said:

:facepalm:

I'm sure someone from the OPS team is monitoring this thread... Or maybe OPS, surely, has a "heartbeat" monitor on the activity page / indexing job or whatever instead of relying on forum members to let them know? Or maybe not, it doesn't seem to happen frequently enough these days. :classic_sad:

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Broken again it seems?

1 minute ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I'm sure someone from the OPS team is monitoring this thread... Or maybe OPS, surely, has a "heartbeat" monitor on the activity page / indexing job or whatever instead of relying on forum members to let them know? Or maybe not, it doesn't seem to happen frequently enough these days. :classic_sad:

I was going to have look to see if anyone had informed "the powers" in any of the many threads that might have been raised by tagging. 

(You know - the threads that get raised as nobody knows if there are other posts already raised because the Activity stream is broken....)

But I decided I really didn't have time.....

Then I realised that many users could be getting fed up with the same issue recurring and could have decided that either:
a) They couldn't be bothered....
b) They assumed someone else might have...

So - just to be on the safe side and in the hope that it might get fixed sooner I thought I would:

@Tait  @The Systemic Kid @Rhys

• Thanks 1

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

Possibly @DavecUK as well.....

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

Fixed! Thanks @DavecUK for raising it with the OPS. 👍

I'm quite tempted to setup a rasbberry pi with a heartbeat monitor which posts on this thread if the activity stream is dead.... Could be a nice Xmas project during the holiday.... 😂

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Tait is running the routine to fix, clear and re-index the thing right now now. Feedback is that this seems to be happening without any obvious error or process cause. I have looked at the logs myself and the cause is not obvious.

Tait mentioned there is a routine maintenance software upgrade outstanding and it may well be that this is the cause. He has been wary of doing it because of recent disruptions but I think has come to the conclusion this is update best applied. I understand he intends to announce when he is doing this maintenance upgrade shortly.

As I am sure those of you with software experience appreciate any support ticket Tait raises on this is likely to get the response " have you done the maintenance update!...hence the need to do it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DavecUK said:

As I am sure those of you with software experience appreciate any support ticket Tait raises on this is likely to get the response " have you done the maintenance update!...hence the need to do it.

Apropos nothing: We recently had a Software upgrade at my client.... and we "had to" (s advised by supplier) upgrade some specific bits as certain functionality of those bits (that we use a lot) wouldn't work with all the other new bits....

(Almost) immediately after the upgrade it became apparent(*) that there was an issue with some different functionality which we duly reported to internal techies... who referred it on to external techies/suppliers. We got the response today..... if we wanted this functionality to work we would have to revert to the old versions of the (specific) bits..... you know... the ones that don't work with the new bits!!!

* I will point out that we had mentioned this issue during our testing but it was "performance/environment related" and WOULDN'T occur in Live/Production (in reality it was actually worse in Production although other more general performance was better)

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

6 minutes ago, Drewster said:

* I will point out that we had mentioned this issue during our testing but it was "performance/environment related" and WOULDN'T occur in Live/Production (in reality it was actually worse in Production although other more general performance was better)

as the meme goes in the techie circles... 

image.thumb.png.10d43972e7818103664d97f9d5e53aac.png

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

as the meme goes in the techie circles... 

image.thumb.png.10d43972e7818103664d97f9d5e53aac.png

I must confess - although I "preach" (and police) good process endlessly I have been known to "just tweak it in Live" <ahem> on occasion... you know when it's "just a minor thing".....

Also although I am now far from a techie (not been near real techie stuff for many years) I am usually competent enough to "fix it" if I've been incompetent enough to "break it"...... and certainly clever enough to hide it if I can't (fix it)  

• Like 1

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

Has it gone again?

I've got nothing appearing in "unread"..... although there is plenty unread from a few hours ago when I look via Forums...... I haven't logged out or marked everything read (as far as I know)

@Tait @The Systemic Kid @Rhys @DavecUK

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

i didn't think it had, the last unread topic I have is 1 hour old. The full activity stream showed your post not just likes (as it does when it fails to update properly)...

11 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Has it gone again?

I've got nothing appearing in "unread"..... although there is plenty unread from a few hours ago when I look via Forums...... I haven't logged out or marked everything read (as far as I know)

@Tait @The Systemic Kid @Rhys @DavecUK

I’ve noticed this too, over the past few weeks. Sometimes I look at the activity page... and nothing. And I’m pretty sure there was stuff there I never even read or open. I wondered whether the site is so clever that it sees me reading the posts in the expanded view and mark them as read. I then come back and there’s stuff there again. 🤷‍♂️. I suspect there might be a “bug” here somewhere, and I suspect it won’t be an easy one to find. I’ll pay more attention next time and see if I can provide more details. 👍

Fairy snuff...... I've got Activity again...

I was just getting the notifications (not the posts) although when looking via Forums there were several unread posts... albeit all seemingly old-ish (ie tens of minutes upto 1hr plus).... 

The Matrix is slipping :-)

• Like 1

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

On 08/11/2020 at 17:25, Drewster said:

Fairy snuff...... I've got Activity again...

I was just getting the notifications (not the posts) although when looking via Forums there were several unread posts... albeit all seemingly old-ish (ie tens of minutes upto 1hr plus).... 

The Matrix is slipping 🙂

Happening to me again... 2 minutes ago I had a few things which I didn't bother reading... Like Rancilio R24 tripping RCD, some CoffeeByTheCasuals offers of two coffees, some CoffeeCompass discount code. A post from a member in Washington D.C.... I never read or clicked on those. I only saw them in the activity feed.

And then I refreshed it... and got 2 posts! 

image.thumb.png.01d4948e95ae4d8ed4f470f862e37ffd.png

There's definitely something going on.

And, if the trend repeats itself... In about 1 hour's time... All will be back again. Very weird.

EDIT: Mystery solved: Looks like the "Activity -> New Posts" feed gives a different content to the "Activity -> My Activity Stream -> Unread Posts" feed. I didn't know that. The "New Posts" feed seems to have a mind of its own, and sometimes clear itself, even though I never looked at some of the stuff. 

Nah. It’s broken. Definitely. Something odd going on. I get posts notifications, but, go and check ANY of the activity stream and it’s not there.

Earliest post in the activity feed from is 8 hours ago - but clearly isn’t.

if you look closely at this thread, there’s clearly a very regular pattern, to the point that it breaks “badly” every Wednesday in the morning (records here on on October 14th, 28th, Nov 4th and 11th). 

No more from me here. It’s been broken for a while. Best for anyone in the forum admin team to chime in and tell the community when it’s fixed instead.

26A76558-B321-4285-AA4C-5016100146F5.png

Edit: 7 hours later... :popcorn:popcorn

@Tait @DavecUK @Rhys @The Systemic Kid @Uncle Tom Cobbley 7 @all  

Any chance you can feed the Hamsters.....

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

@Tait @DavecUK @Rhys @The Systemic Kid @Uncle Tom Cobbley 7 @all  

Any chance you can feed the Hamsters.....

As Uncle Tom Cobbley doesn't have any association with CfUK - it has been forwarded to Santa's Grotto, Lapland.

• Like 1

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

20 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

As Uncle Tom Cobbley doesn't have any association with CfUK - it has been forwarded to Santa's Grotto, Lapland.

Lol i just though nothing interested had been posted for the last few hours 

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

3 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

Lol i just though nothing interested had been posted for the last few hours 

You might not be wrong............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

edit: found out why. Edited the post, and leaving it here just in case someone else has the same issue. 👍(mods, feel free to remove if distracting from purposes of the thread).

first photo is the activity stream: a new post, unread, made in the past 16 minutes.

second photo is the new posts feed... empty. nothing. 

Could anyone tell me what’s “not new” about the post on the top of the activity feed and why it doesn’t appear in the “new posts” feed?

many thanks.

1D47BBCB-74AC-43E7-91E0-A0E67C1F2451.jpeg

C5737B34-5B7C-4A2C-9B3B-FA4186D48F73.jpeg

edit: went back to “new posts” feed and some posts were there. Finds out there’s a parameter “Time Period”, and by default is “last visit” (whatever that means). I now changed to “anytime” and I get what I’d expect. 

E5417BFC-82D1-47E0-81E5-72C68107C5DB.thumb.jpeg.1fdeb2833069f767c673b297108bc01d.jpeg