Evening all,

Captcha was on to prevent DDoS attacks. They've subsided now so i've lowered the defences a touch, which may help Tapatalk etc.

The daily slow patch is an offsite backup I run which I can and will make less disruptive asap.

Should be normal now, @Rhys and @Mildred can call me also if there is anything weird going on.

• Like 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum seems to be broken again. Activity / new posts doesn’t work (and many others).   tried multiple devices, on Tapatalk and web. Nada. Letting @Tait know,

Just for you seeing as you brought your own popcorn🤣  

https://live.staticflickr.com/877/27624883067_156b4b9354_n.jpg Works for me from flickr, the first image has the bb code crap edited out and just the direct image link retained. https://live

Posted Images

Evening all,
Captcha was on to prevent DDoS attacks. They've subsided now so i've lowered the defences a touch, which may help Tapatalk etc.
 The daily slow patch is an offsite backup I run which I can and will make less disruptive asap.
 Should be normal now,@Rhys and @Mildred can call me also if there is anything weird going on.

Come on, please do not put blame on our beloved mods who would not be (and should not be) capable of fixing such issues.
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Tait said:

Evening all,

Should be normal now, @Rhys and @Mildred can call me also if there is anything weird going on.

You say "The daily slow patch is an offsite backup I run which I can and will make less disruptive asap." It's not just slow... It's completely out, dead. We all get a 522 from the server as reported previously

Let's hope your changes improve things. 🤞

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

1 hour ago, PPapa said:

Come on, please do not put blame on our beloved mods who would not be (and should not be) capable of fixing such issues.

We're not capable lol, even though I have access to settings. But we have a batline to Tait to let him know... as in 'Taaaaaaaaaiiiiittt.. The forum is f______ked again.. Give it a kick please..' :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Thanks Tait all seems better with tapatalk today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DE1+, Monolith Conical, Osmio Zero. Stuff. Lots of stuff.

10 hours ago, Tait said:

The daily slow patch is an offsite backup I run which I can and will make less disruptive asap

Just to be clear:

You decided to run a "Service Affecting" backup* right in the middle of the evening (when presumably quite a few users are online - ergo affected)?

Isn't "normal" practise to do such things during quiet times? (obviously I don't know your numbers but I'd wager that 9:30 in the evening isn't "dead time" on the forum).

* - Service affecting in the sense of preventing access and throwing error messages to users rather than a few nano-seconds delay in response. 

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

5 minutes ago, Rob1 said:

Why is somebody DDoSing the forum?

Happens to any public facing install of a software like IPB, it's to be expected, especially one with quite a large footprint like this. Hastily (or badly) configured tools like Cloudflare are a blunt instrument, they work very well but will cause issues like those experienced ^. 

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'
6 hours ago, Drewster said:

Just to be clear:

You decided to run a "Service Affecting" backup* right in the middle of the evening (when presumably quite a few users are online - ergo affected)?

Isn't "normal" practise to do such things during quiet times? (obviously I don't know your numbers but I'd wager that 9:30 in the evening isn't "dead time" on the forum).

* - Service affecting in the sense of preventing access and throwing error messages to users rather than a few nano-seconds delay in response. 

Mhmm, changing the time would mitigate the impact forum users feel for sure, but if you're running operations that lock up or slow down the production environment at any time of day it's an infrastructure problem more than a timing one. 

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'
  • 2 months later...

Is it only me but there's been absolutely ZERO posts on this forum today, according to the activity feed?

image.thumb.png.9c27fefb0b68e9cb422bd5d97d345398.png

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

11 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Is it only me but there's been absolutely ZERO posts on this forum today, according to the activity feed?

Not just you ... I'm experiencing this as well.

Interestingly, the "browse" button shows a number of recent posts. Dunno what's going on.

Espresso:Rocket Cellini Evo, La Pavoni Europiccola , Grinder: Eureka Mignon,Ceado e37s Roaster: Dalian Amazon

@Tait ^^^

I often use the new posts function to browse new content and this is not working it seems. 

For the last few weeks whenever I click on a thread that I've previously viewed it still takes me back to the first post in the thread as opposed to where I left off. Anybody know how to sort this out? 

19 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I created (yet) another post about this - as it's affecting me as well.

Obviously I would have commented "here" or you would have commented "there" but neither of us would be aware of the others post.. because the Activity Stream is FUBAR.........

You'll probably never even get to read this...

Although I could @MediumRoastSteam you... so you'll get a notification.

Maybe that's the solution...
Abandon "Activity Stream" and just tag everyone!!!! :-)

• Haha 1

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

3 hours ago, -Mac said:

24 hours if not longer... "Staff" is aware.... (Whatever that means!)

• Thanks 1

Badges have been restored! Thank you Tait!

Have the alternate skins stopped working for everyone else?

I use the brown (coffee sack?) skin. But a few days ago, everything changed to a harsh white and light grey colour scheme.

Unless I'm being blind, there doesn't seem to be an option to change skins anywhere now?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Systemic Kid said:

All Activity page isn't refreshing Wednesday 28 Oct 11.00am - has been reported to Admin.

:popcorn::whistle:

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

4 hours ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Just for you seeing as you brought your own popcorn

Popcorn has runout..... I thought I had plenty..... but I didn't plan on 6 hours....

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL

21 minutes ago, Drewster said:

Popcorn has runout..... I thought I had plenty..... but I didn't plan on 6 hours....

Here you go @Drewster

Edited by DavecUK
Just now, DavecUK said:

Here you go

Thanks for that but.....

I was thinking the Hobbit Trilogy and the Lord of the Rings series...
Possibly all the Game of Thrones

(Maybe to be safe both of the above with the Marvel Universe offerings as back-up?)

Stuff......

Currently enjoying LSOL