Badgerman

Osmio zero group buy - round 6!

I have mine and I love it.

As they are still offering this great deal to us and they are also involved in supporting COVID-19 support through hydroxy gas (major amelioration of dyspnea), I am happy to coordinate the 6 names.

Looks like we have 3 already. Please confirm with your reply.

Following the great success of the first four groups, this is the Sixth group for the Osmio Zero group buy deal @DavecUK was kind enough to negotiate for the forum members.

You can find all relevant details in the following thread: Osmio Zero - Group buy process [/url]

Link to the first, second and third group to see how it works

To recall the deal:

A £321 offer. This is for 6 people who get together in a group buy and send a single coordinated order through to Osmio. For £321 you will get an:

1. Osmio Zero
  2. Free delivery
  3. Free extra set of filters

Process: To take advantage of this 6 people must get together, 1 of them needs to act as a coordinator and get details from the other 5. The coordinator sends an e-mail to Osmio [email protected] with their own e-mail and the other 5 peoples e-mail. Osmio contact each person to get delivery address and sends a paypal invoices to each person. When all 6 have paid the items are shipped to the individuals directly. Obviously the Coordinator should mention the forum, only because they may run other deals with companies etc.. and you want to ensure there is no confusion.

I am willing to become the coordinator of the fifth group and contact Osmio once I have all the names and email addresses.

If you would like to participate, please add your name at the end of the current name list in a comment the following way: 

1. Badgerman

2. username2

6. username6

I am happy to help out with the coordination - so 5 names left.

Please do not add your name to the list unless you are able to pay immediately that you receive the invoice, as it could hold up getting the Osmio being sent to the other buyers

Thanks again, badgerman

1. Badgerman
2. AliG

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks again, badgerman

1. Badgerman
2. AliG

Sorry I have mine already so

1. AliG

Lelit Mara X, Mazzer Royal, Osmio Zero, Torr with Joey handle

14 minutes ago, AliG said:

Thanks again, badgerman

1. Badgerman
2. AliG

1. Badgerman
2. AliG
3. Pleevus

Badger's not buying so it's

1. AliG

2. Pleevus

ok i will need to check with the wife.  i shall tentatively say yes.

ok i will need to check with the wife.  i shall tentatively say yes.

My wife thought mine was a waste of money on paper. She loves it for tea, instant hot water and RO water for our iron. We were buying distilled water from wilko. We are in v hard water area.

Lelit Mara X, Mazzer Royal, Osmio Zero, Torr with Joey handle
  • Like 1

Thanks Badgerman, can I be added please?

1. AliG

2. Pleevus

3. petebetros

• Like 1

yass i'm in.

1. AliG
  2. Pleevus
  3. petebetros
  4. facboy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Count me in too please!

1. AliG
  2. Pleevus
  3. petebetros
  4. facboy
  5. Kannan
Edited by Kannan
  • Like 1

Decent Pro 1.3, Sage DB (Slayer, Brass OPV and Pump modded, IMS Screen), Titus EK43s SSP Burrs, Mignon Silenzio, Niche coming soon, Osmio Zero.

Lovely stuff, one more and we're ready to go.

All I need now is a coffee machine and grinder!

It's this thread of you're still interested, only one space left.

@Fez

Oooh I'm seriously tempted - need a new kettle anyway - I'm sure this has been answered before on here - but does one need to re-mineralise the water for use in a coffee machine?

Thanks Philip

Posted (edited)

I don’t remineralise my water and the coffee comes out just lovely :) I haven’t read anyone here doing that, although I might give third wave a try at some stage when I start obsessing about the water :)

Oh and just to say this is my second one, I like the first one so much, so @Beeroclock I don't think you'll regret it!

Edited by Kannan

Decent Pro 1.3, Sage DB (Slayer, Brass OPV and Pump modded, IMS Screen), Titus EK43s SSP Burrs, Mignon Silenzio, Niche coming soon, Osmio Zero.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Beeroclock said:

Oooh I'm seriously tempted - need a new kettle anyway - I'm sure this has been answered before on here - but does one need to re-mineralise the water for use in a coffee machine?

Thanks Philip

To quote DavecUK's review

"The Osmio light remineralisation cartridge comes with the machine and is the 4th small square installed filter with the ring-pull on it. It contains ceramic calcium and magnesium. I also have a blank one with nothing in it, allowing me to choose, or not choose remineralisation. The introduced levels of calcium and magnesium are around 30-50 TDS. "

Link here: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2019/01/06/osmio-zero/

Edited by AliG

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, AliG said:

To quote Coffeechap's review

"The Osmio light remineralisation cartridge comes with the machine and is the 4th small square installed filter with the ring-pull on it. It contains ceramic calcium and magnesium. I also have a blank one with nothing in it, allowing me to choose, or not choose remineralisation. The introduced levels of calcium and magnesium are around 30-50 TDS. "

Link here: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2019/01/06/osmio-zero/

My review you mean....go on buy one, think of my Osmio shares.....

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

3 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

My review you mean....go one buy one, think of my Osmio shares.....

Whoops!  Sorry about that.  Edited the original post.

6 minutes ago, AliG said:

Whoops!  Sorry about that.  Edited the original post.

It's an easy mistake to make....I suppose 🙄

• Haha 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Anyone know how often the cartridge needs changing with very hard water - measures 330 - I know this is dependent on litres through - but I can't seem to find that figure anywhere.

Davec changed his after 12 month

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

14 minutes ago, Beeroclock said:

but I can't seem to find that figure anywhere.

Really depends on usage and how diligent you are at emptying the water holder when it tells you to! I got 3-4 months out of the first ones, but that was because it wasn't me changing the water :)... Now we get 6 months out of them and we use it more - try explaining that to the household...

On 12/05/2020 at 15:25, Kannan said:

Really depends on usage and how diligent you are at emptying the water holder when it tells you to! I got 3-4 months out of the first ones, but that was because it wasn't me changing the water :)... Now we get 6 months out of them and we use it more - try explaining that to the household...

My water is from about 270 in winter to 305+ In summer and I got a year out of them. In fact, it timed out after 1 year. We take around 16 litres per day out of it, perhaps more. Our water is softened, which helps a little in the filters lasting a tiny bit longer. The biggest thing that clogs the filter faster and gives less life and an early filter change is. Topping up the tank e.g. not emptying completely before refilling. Or some people fill the tank and then it filters and they can get another litre in...again this really quickly shags out the filters.

When the tank needs filling, that 1 litre if left in the bottom is 1200ppm+, topping it up means your hardness if say is 300 ppm suddenly becomes a tank full of 540ppm water. If you then top it up again, the litre remaining is probably now 2200 + ppm and you are filtering 750ppm water, top it up again and your filtering 1000ppm  ......very quickly the filter can clog. Literally within months.

• Thanks 1

right.  so run until the supply tank needs filling, then dump the excess (or water plants, whatever), and refill the full 5 litres?

Posted (edited)

4 times should be OK 20L yes always empty or use for cooking rice pasta other stuff. We'll you drink 4 and dump one

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo