mctrials23

ACS Minima Beta Machine

ACS beta machine that went from DaveCUK to myself December 2018 and was in daily use until about 3 weeks ago for an average of 2 coffees a day. Always run on Tesco Ashbeck.

Its a beta machine so its a little rough around the edges, the panels aren't perfect everywhere and if you take any of the panels off you have to encourage them back into place with a bit of force to get the various allen head screws to go in but this doesn't affect the working obviously. 

There are a couple of minor niggles for people to be aware of but nothing that effects the functionality of the coffee making.

The pressure gauge for the steam boiler works fine but the one for the brew boiler isn't working as it should. I have added a gauge at the brewhead that you can see in the picture to compensate for this. 

I had an issue with the steam boiler leaking last year but that was all fixed and hasn't had any problems since. 

The water reservoir is missing the plastic lid it should come with but I have never had this and the metal lid works fine. 

Comes with the following that you can see in the picture. 

2 Blank baskets

Original rubber shower gasket, cafelat silicone one fitted and another spare that is unused. 

Single spout portafilter

Double spout portafilter with handle (handle can be unscrewed and moved to other one easily.

Bottomless portafilter

Single, double and triple baskets from what I can tell. Not 100% on these as I bought a VST 18g that I used with the machine but I am keeping that.

I would prefer pickup in Tunbridge Wells but thats obviously a little unlikely at the moment. 

I can post but the box is not that beastly and I don't want to be responsible for any damage caused to the machine in transit. I will obviously package up as well as possible but couriers are a law unto themselves and its always a bit of a lottery. 

Looking for roughly what I paid for it which was a very very good price at the time and I think it still is.

£450 collected

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Yes please, I need it shipped or are you not doing that.

Edited by Jony
  • Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Posted (edited)

Quickest machine sale ever?

When I had to ship the damaged one back I bought a custom box for it 

Box design
Cardboard Type
Double Walled
Cardboard Grade
BC Flute 300 Kraft/Test - Brown
Measurement
mm
Length
Width
Height
Glued or Stitched
Glued
Tolerance
Exact

The size was to fit the polystyrene blocks that it nestled in so you might want to go a little bigger or smaller depending on the packing but the box itself was really strong. Bought from http://packingboxes.co.uk/

Edited by Rob1
  • Thanks 1

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

This will be the cheapest flow profiling machine with addition of one of the valves :)

• Haha 1

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

Posted (edited)

If you ship, place support under the body of the machine so it sits on the legs plus the packing underneath the main body/legs, so it doesn't banana bend. The best way is a dense sheet of thick polystyrene with holes made in it for the feet so main part it sits flat onto the styrene.

I've still got the plastic lid so an SAE sent to me and I will post you back the lid....although you really don't need it.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

I’d like to buy if Jony doesn’t for any reason 

abs 

I am happy to post with the usual caveats @Jony.

Will get a price for insured courier and let you know if thats OK.

@JonyCongratulations. Lately I have noticed lots of praise for the Minima coming from you, now things are clear 🙂

Enjoy!

PS Are you going to install the paddle?

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

2 hours ago, Jony said:

Yes please, I need it shipped or are you not doing that.

I’ve got to come over at some point and see your coffee gear! 

BE - White niche - V60 - Joey custom tamper - WPM - Acaia lunar 

Shame on me going to have to pull my offer and let @abstake it.

Sorry for the messing around I am pretty gutted, but I really have not got the space at all @mctrials23

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

@mctrials23 you probably want to get a mod to move this back to for sale section as it's in sold.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

If abs isn't interested then I may be, just need to check with the boss! Lol 

Posted (edited)

I'll 100% take it if the other sale falls through. 

Edited by Bainbridge

Sure I’ll take it - how much would delivery be to Woking Surrey ? 

I imagine it will be the same as anywhere in the UK unfortunately. I will let you know by the end of the day if I can. 

Did this sell?

Did this end up selling?

abs now has a Minima so I'm guessing it did.

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Yes I bought the machine.
abs

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo