IGNORED

Bottomless 54mm Portafilter

5 hours ago, dutchy101 said:

Don't think you can argue with it for tye price. Does the job fine and the Bamino basket fits in it perfectly. Well worth £21.40 I paid for it

Thanks for the info, just ordered one and expected 8th-17th October.

• Like 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s a great guy too. You may also be seeing a certain someone appearing on the website in the near future [emoji23][emoji108] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These have been manufactured overseas. I’m working with a guy I’ve met so currently only 5 available at the moment. I can potentially get them shipped to me for inspection. The photos look great thoug

i get the least channelling by leaving the grinds out of the basket, but the resulting drink is rather thin and tasteless 😹.

Posted Images

Just a quick update, I also bought a bottomless PF from Amazon as per @Hairy_Hogg recommendation and despite the expected delivery date being another month it arrived today. I’ve only used it once and as mentioned it’s not such a snug fit as the original sage PF but for the money it’s great, no issues at all. I  obviously can’t comment on longevity but at least buying through amazon gives you some peace of mind. 

48245CF7-EA61-4A08-86A0-F7B1F42B38B1.jpeg

Edited by puffin1
  • Like 1

Yes I had a moment when I went to tamp it and wondered why it wasn’t sitting flat then realised I needed to tamp it at the edge of the counter. I was also expecting to have to redecorate the kitchen from a explosion of coffee from a poor extraction but it was a surprisingly good pour. Yes, definitely a worthwhile purchase even just to use periodically when dialling in a new coffee. Saying that, it’s easier to clean than the original so may become a permanent fixture if the extractions remain consistent 🤞

5 minutes ago, Mantaii said:

Well, I'm finding I'm having issues with channelling the coffee. The pour is good until the pressure increases and then I get a right mess! Coffee goes everywhere from all directions! 

So your purchase was worth it. Tells you you have issues. Now it's about experimenting to get an even, no mess, consistent pour!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CocoLoco said:

So your purchase was worth it. Tells you you have issues. Now it's about experimenting to get an even, no mess, consistent pour!

i get the least channelling by leaving the grinds out of the basket, but the resulting drink is rather thin and tasteless 😹.

2 hours ago, facboy said:

As Joshua said to Professor Falken in the 1983 classic War Games, the only winning move is not to play!

Edited by CocoLoco
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, pottolom said:

Can anyone who's bought one of these from Amazon, eBay or similar and been satisfied with what they've received please share the link? Thanks!

The exact link is dead but this is the Ebay store I got mine from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/supersuperstores?_bkw=Bottomless+54mm+Portafilter

Pictures here:

Can anyone who's bought one of these from Amazon, eBay or similar and been satisfied with what they've received please share the link? Thanks!
I think most of them are produced from the same factory. Even Crema start selling those. I think Pullman used to machine the original portafilter and sell them. Thicker material. But they too sell the thin wall now. They just change the handle.

This is the one I have however I paid £24, it didn’t however come with an additional basket. 

I can certainly recommend it, it’s smooth to insert into the machine and my sage basket fits perfectly. The quality is surprising quite good and I can’t see that I would need anything more than this. For £24 I’d definitely recommend it. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Changzhou-Filter-54mm-Bottomless-Portafilter-Replacement/dp/B089K9K1QB/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=changzhou&qid=1609592211&sr=8-1

I have this from Amazon, comes with a 19g basket as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089K9G9N3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_XOg8Fb15QTCM0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have found it excellent, also comes from the UK so you could have by Monday

I actually bought this one last week, and returned it because there was a rough edge at the top one of the "wings", that I assume could eventually damage the gasket on my machine.

There was also no finish on the handle in one or two fairly large spots.

I did try a couple of shots though, and it fit the machine like a glove, and the standard Sage baskets slotted in with no bother.

Looking at all the other options, I've decided to try this one again (hopefully the last one was just a lemon). All the others are more expensive, will take weeks to arrive from China and, presumably, be more difficult to return in the event of an issue.

Thanks everyone for your replies!