Badgerman

Osmio Zero round 5

Posted (edited)

Following the great success of the first four groups, this is the FIFTH group for the Osmio Zero group buy deal @DavecUK was kind enough to negotiate for the forum members.
You can find all relevant details in the following thread: Osmio Zero - Group buy process

Link to the first, second and third group to see how it works

To recall the deal:

A £321 offer. This is for 6 people who get together in a group buy and send a single coordinated order through to Osmio. For £321 you will get an:

1. Osmio Zero
  2. Free delivery
  3. Free extra set of filters

Process: To take advantage of this 6 people must get together, 1 of them needs to act as a coordinator and get details from the other 5. The coordinator sends an e-mail to Osmio [email protected] with their own e-mail and the other 5 peoples e-mail. Osmio contact each person to get delivery address and sends a paypal invoices to each person. When all 6 have paid the items are shipped to the individuals directly. Obviously the Coordinator should mention the forum, only because they may run other deals with companies etc.. and you want to ensure there is no confusion.

I am willing to become the coordinator of the fifth group and contact Osmio once I have all the names and email addresses.

If you would like to participate, please add your name at the end of the current name list in a comment the following way: 

1. Badgerman

2. username2

6. username6

I am happy to help out with the coordination - so 5 names left.

Please do not add your name to the list unless you are able to pay immediately that you receive the invoice, as it could hold up getting the Osmio being sent to the other buyers

Edited by Badgerman
  • Like 2

1. Badgerman

2. kken2007

3. jgf

• Like 2

I'll give this a bump to try and generate some more interest, fantastic machine wouldn't be without mine now.

• Like 2

ACS Vesuvius / Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux / Niche Zero Black Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Gene Cafe CBR-101 Osmio Zero Black Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge 

At the price and with the current situation, I am baffled people are not all over this. I certainly wouldn't want to make regular trips for bottled water, or have loads stored. Of course, I base this on my 6-10 doubles per day, whereas (if the adverts are to be believed) most people make less coffee than that in a week ;)

• Like 3

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

I will get one of these relatively soon but currently £320 on a device that makes nice water is a hard sell. Perhaps come the end of the month I will add my name to the list if it hasn't been filled by then. 

• Like 1

Just to add - I was a bit "on the fence" about this, and it took some convincing of the wife and some playing on the "well, think of the single use plastics" before we got one in the 3rd round.  To be honest, with bottles of Ashbeck available so cheaply I saw pros/cons of it.

However - since having our Osmio Zero, I now wouldn't be without it.

Filling my coffee machine, topping up my Americanos, making the wife a tea, filling a jug for the fridge, filling water bottles  - we use ours a lot - and it really is very convenient.  I keep hiding the kettle in a cupboard, but the wife keeps getting it out for "volume" boiling water (boiling spuds / pasta / rice) as it can take a while to get a large pan full from the Osmio.

If you're like I was and on the fence, just get one...

• Like 5

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

On 04/04/2020 at 09:55, JGF said:

1. Badgerman

2. kken2007

3. jgf

4 Border_all

Count me in ?

• Like 2

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

On 07/04/2020 at 13:49, DavecUK said:

Also please think of my Osmio shares... ;)

You are like Unilever Dave. The shadow corporation behind all of these businesses. 

• Haha 1

Just about convinced the other half that it might be useful...

1. Badgerman

2. kken2007

3. jgf

4 Border_all

5. GordonH

• Like 2

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero, Osmio Zero, Aeropress, Kalita Wave 155, Porlex mini, 

On 07/04/2020 at 11:20, MrShades said:

Just to add - I was a bit "on the fence" about this, and it took some convincing of the wife and some playing on the "well, think of the single use plastics" before we got one in the 3rd round.  To be honest, with bottles of Ashbeck available so cheaply I saw pros/cons of it.

However - since having our Osmio Zero, I now wouldn't be without it.

Filling my coffee machine, topping up my Americanos, making the wife a tea, filling a jug for the fridge, filling water bottles  - we use ours a lot - and it really is very convenient.  I keep hiding the kettle in a cupboard, but the wife keeps getting it out for "volume" boiling water (boiling spuds / pasta / rice) as it can take a while to get a large pan full from the Osmio.

If you're like I was and on the fence, just get one...

Does the water actually taste any better? ours is horrible and wife hates it. 
If I tell her it tastes better I might be in. 

La Pavoni Europiccola - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

Does the water actually taste any better? ours is horrible and wife hates it. 
If I tell her it tastes better I might be in. 
You're in just done a blind taste test, Mrs MaB picked the Osmio on smell alone, no chlorination & and as far as taste goes it wins hands down... & our water isn't even in the bad league.

"I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might just be awake."

Can I hold my place for the next 30 mins or so, I will chat to the wife when the boy is asleep and get back.

La Pavoni Europiccola - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

Yes to your question, I couldn't stand normal water tasted funky said it for years. Now I am happy. I paid £400 for mine at £321 it's a bargain

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

1 hour ago, GordonH said:

Just about convinced the other half that it might be useful...

1. Badgerman

2. kken2007

3. jgf

4 Border_all

5. GordonH

6.Tom Hughes

I'm in baby!

• Like 5

I'm in baby!

Yay. Full house. Will PM you all for your email address and then will contact Osmio.

Please note not being able to pay Osmio straight away will scupper us all.
  • Like 1

Great! One question, does it come with 5-year warranty like the online order?

Great! One question, does it come with 5-year warranty like the online order?

I believe it’s the same as ordering directly, but we are ordering 6 of them hence the discount.

Thanks
  • Thanks 1

Nice one. I’ve emailed Mark @Osmio with all your emails. When he picks it up you should get contacted directly for payment, shipping etc.

I think they do next day so probably after Easter now.

Thanks all and thanks to@Davecuk for setting this up. I hope your share price rockets

Round 5 closed!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Black or white????

6 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

Black or white????

My case White

check your junk email had first osmio contact for details including colour preference

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

24 minutes ago, Border_all said:

My case White

check your junk email had first osmio contact for details including colour preference

Yes I got mine hence the question! 
Going to go for black to match the machine and grinder!

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo