pinktape

Alex Duetto IV spares

After many years faithful service, my Duetto IV has sprung a leak. It is slow, but has left a patch on the work surface. Luckily it's a stainless steel surface!

From where the leak drips (half way back on the left, as seen from the front), I'm pretty sure it's the brew boiler gasket, but... I can't find spares anywhere.

Does anyone, by chance, know what I need and where I might get it?

TIA

Chris

________

Axex Duetto, Mahkonig Vario (K30 awaited!), some tampers and other stuff.

Yup Its your brew boiler and you need some Viton. Might even have a piece already cut from some do you have a dremel. . PM me your addy will post it

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Thanks! Viton seals? How do I find the size?

Chris

________

17 minutes ago, Jony said:

Yup Its your brew boiler and you need some Viton. Might even have a piece already cut from some do you have a dremel. . PM me your addy will post it

@Jony    is it V iton   or  hard Teflon ?. Ones I have replaced have been Teflon.

Edited by El carajillo

19 minutes ago, Jony said:

You're a star!

PM incoming

Chris

________

@El carajilloViton

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

If the Viton doesn't work, you can grab yourself a Viton O ring of the right size and try that.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

You got a link Dave

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

1 minute ago, Jony said:

You got a link Dave

No, because I have not gone down an measured my spare Duetto heating element with it's Viton seal (I might even have 2 elements, can't remember. I'll pop down later and measure it to give an idea of a suitable sized (or size range) o ring that might work. The OP can of course remove his and measure it...although I suspect nothing changed in the MK IV.

The other thing that will work is a central heating pump flat gasket (of the right size), I repaired one years ago with one of those and slathered it wiv a bit of Molykote III, worked for years, might still be working for all I know.

O ring will probably be better though.....as long as it's not well overtightened and  there is a large enough flat area on the boiler....I know there is no specific O ring groove, which of course might be a problem, but the pressure is not huge....only 10 bar ish.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Thanks, guys!

Sorry - had to go out for a prescription.

Don't really want to dismantle the machine before I order, as I'll be out of coffee until it arrives and will then depend on it being the right size.

Will watch this thread... I have a tray underneath to catch the (minimal, to be fair) drips pro tem

Chris

________

5p drip is fine more than 10p will get issues,

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE