Anyone care to help me with this. 
The barista pro has a 4 hole tip, the Sage barista express a 1 hole tip. 
I don't think the steam power is much different between them. 

I tried steaming on my friends BE and it seems much easier to get a nice microfoam, and the steam wand seems to create a more powerful whirlpool. 

I am wondering if this is the consequence of the 4 holes, would it be better with just one? The tip is the same size so should be able to fit the regular one.

I have the touch which also has 4 holes, maybe thats the way the machines are being designed now the express is quite an old machine. I do get a decent microfoam from it but only if I manually steam the milk.

Give the single hole a try on the pro and see if it makes any difference. I would be interested to know. 

Yeh it's finding one thats the problem. I wish I had swapped it for the 1 hole off the DTP I sent back. 

From reading a few bits if you put a 4 hole tip on a single boiler its a little underpowered for it. 

I should add I only really have problems when trying to steam milk for 2 cups. It seems to really struggle to get the power with more milk and I seem to end up with a weak watery foam which easily separates  

So I’ve partly solved the problem. 

I’ve plugged two holes, which has made the remaining jets more powerful. 
I also did some testing of the purge.

The sage initial steam is very wet, even after purging, so continuing to purge for another 10 seconds seems to reduce the wetness of the steam and less watering down/splitting 

48 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

So I’ve partly solved the problem. 

I’ve plugged two holes, which has made the remaining jets more powerful. 
I also did some testing of the purge.

The sage initial steam is very wet, even after purging, so continuing to purge for another 10 seconds seems to reduce the wetness of the steam and less watering down/splitting 

What have you plugged the holes with?

16 minutes ago, Dalerst said:

What have you plugged the holes with?

The pointy ends of two safety pins! The perfect diameter to jam in but can be removed. Much better swirl and micro foam. But then the new jug helped too 

Hi guys, I use the 3 hole tip on my barista express from the dual boiler, works better for me than the single whole tip @THR_Crema told me about it 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe shorrock said:

Hi guys, I use the 3 hole tip on my barista express from the dual boiler, works better for me than the single whole tip @THR_Crema told me about it 

Are the 3 holes smaller in size than the 1 hole? 

Yep seems to be slightly smaller same sized holes as the 4 tip.

Do you think it works better?

1 hour ago, TomHughes said:

I’ve definitely noticed the difference with steaming. Glad I upgraded to it 👍

Sage Barista Express | Acaia Lunar | 200 Degrees ‘Brazilian Love Affair’ | Motta 53mm Leveller & Tamper 

Incidentally where are you positioning your steam wand? Has it changed between the tips? 

7 hours ago, TomHughes said:

I think for me it’s better than the single hole tip! I position mine to the far right towards bottom of pitcher, I’ve just bought new sharp spout pitcher nice to have a bigger one 

9 hours ago, Joe shorrock said:

Would say 1 joke slightly bigger 

5F78296F-0BA0-4BA6-9902-645DB2307C98.jpeg