dfk41

The FFFrench

I know of three people who reckon they had this before Christmas, they all had the symptoms that are being reported now, was the virus already here that long ago ?

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

There was a news article that the medical profession believe it was here in January (as compared to previous thought that first known case was Feb), so perhaps it was here earlier but if it wasn't really known about people would simply assume that what they had was 'flu or something (assuming it was mild). The 'flu strain that went round end of 2019 / start of 2020 was different to the immunisation that was given (in other words the prediction on strain was inaccurate) so people shouldn't immediately equate having had 'flu jab but then much later had fever etc as being COVID-19, it could just as easily have been 'flu as the symptoms have a fair bit of overlap.

I now have the "picture in my mind" equivalent of an ear worm....

A disheveled and unkempt DFK sitting in a corner wearing raggedy clothes with a bowl in his hand. While his other hand and lips/mouth are stained with berry juice. Constantly popping his hand in the bowl transferring bites of berry!

A bit like a rather larger Smeagol/Gollum figure but with (slightly) more hair!

(Sorry Dave ;-) )

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

1 hour ago, Drewster said:

A disheveled and unkempt DFK sitting in a corner wearing raggedy clothes with a bowl in his hand. While his other hand and lips/mouth are stained with berry juice. Constantly popping his hand in the bowl transferring bites of berry!

(Sorry Dave 😉 )

You would not be too far wrong matey!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dfk41 said:

You would not be too far wrong matey!

Its like split personality 😂😂😂

La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2. Eureka Mignon. Sage dtp

3 minutes ago, Border_all said:

Its like split personality 😂😂😂

No it's not........Yes it is......

• Haha 1

That would make you ever so happy I suspect grumble! The use of the word 'could' in the first sentence coupled with the fact it is that rag The Metro suggest I will take it with a pinch of salt. German are massaging the stats like the Chinese. There are no reporting standards  

Oh yeah I'd be delighted. 😕

It's a study by the IHME ( http://www.healthdata.org ) reported in most newspapers, nothing to do with the Metro. Obviously the word 'could' is used because it's a forecast based on modelling.

Edited by grumble

Oh now you made the forum policeman really mad 🤣

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

9 hours ago, dfk41 said:

That would make you ever so happy I suspect grumble! 

That's not a nice thing to say.

• Like 1

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

On 31/03/2020 at 13:05, Drewster said:

(Sorry Dave 😉 )

When he first said about blueberries....this jumped into my head. Is this the vision you had? Note the very brief appearance of @MWJB at the very end! ;)

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

5 hours ago, MWJB said:

That's not a nice thing to say.

So what? The op took it tongue in cheek so why should you be offended

3 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

So what? The op took it tongue in cheek so why should you be offended

I'm not offended (don't try and put the onus on a perceived weakness of mine, rather than your somewhat callous comment).

Your comments are not private between you and the OP, they are public, you can say whet you want, I can say what I want about what you say. That's free speech in action.

8 minutes ago, MWJB said:

I'm not offended (don't try and put the onus on a perceived weakness of mine, rather than your somewhat callous comment).

Your comments are not private between you and the OP, they are public, you can say whet you want, I can say what I want about what you say. That's free speech in action.

Thats ok with me, I just wanted to make sure you were not offended......

2 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

Thats ok with me, I just wanted to make sure you were not offended......

I wouldn't care if you were offended or not (though i wouldn't relish offending you without what I thought was just cause), if we are too worried about offending people, we don't say what we mean.

4 minutes ago, MWJB said:

I wouldn't care if you were offended or not (though i wouldn't relish offending you without what I thought was just cause), if we are too worried about offending people, we don't say what we mean.

No one will ever manage to offend me.....

53 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

No one will ever manage to offend me.....

Old lardy butt is right you know - nobody could offend that lard-arsed, thick, ugly, knuckle dragging bell-end........... ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently enjoying LSOL

Well said that man.....open season on me now, but it only lasts till 9pm today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfk41 said:

Well said that man.....open season on me now, but it only lasts till 9pm today!

Why, is that when you take your medication and nurse tucks you in? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

2 hours ago, Rhys said:

Why, is that when you take your medication and nurse tucks you in? :classic_laugh:

How did you know Rhys......tis the highlight of my day!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rhys said:

Yep he still enjoys a good tick-in

Currently enjoying LSOL

In 2016 the government run exercise Cygnus to test the country’s preparedness for a virus pandemic. The results showed that the NHS would collapse. The government buried the report and did sweet FA in response to the recommendations.

Now that the hospital part of the NHS has indeed been totally overwhelmed exactly as predicted, can we at least take comfort In the knowledge that we know how to run a simulation exercise?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Cygnus