Mudlark13

25mm Slim Gaggia Drip Trays

What with being stuck inside a lot more I've decided to fire up my 3D printer and print a few slim Gaggia Drip Trays. I've printed them in PETG which will withstand higher temperatures than PLA. It's taken a few goes to fine tune the settings so offering some imperfect (mainly on the base) but functional drip trays for £10 delivered. Pic attached to show what they look like with the Gaggia metal cover. If anyone is interested please shoot me a PM.

MVIMG_20200325_150429-min.jpg

MVIMG_20200325_150423-min.jpg

MVIMG_20200325_151643-min.jpg

MVIMG_20200325_151621-min.jpg

• Like 1

As someone who also has a 3d printer I have to say these look like pretty nice quality prints regardless of the few bits on the base which you would never see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to take one of these if possible please?

4 minutes ago, JonnyA said:

I’d like to take one of these if possible please?

I'll send you a PM.

4 hours ago, Kam760 said:

I'll take one if possible. Thanks 

I've PM'd you.

Just spotted this.

I'll have one too please @Mudlark13

Vesuvius, Pavoni Europiccola, Niche Zero, Feld 47, Osmio Zero.

Thanks all, I've responded to all those who have shown interest so far. I'll try and get them posted as soon as possible but there may be a few delays given the current circumstances.

Thank you so much for this Mudlark13

I just received mine in the post and I'm humbled that you sold these for such a good price when the postage cost you £2.95, also with the cost of the padded envelope on top!

Great to see a member not profiteering in the current climate, to assist other members.

Once again, Thanks

• Like 1

Thirded, postie just dropped mine off. It’s worth a lot more than the tenner you’re charging!

Possible daft question, is it dishwasher safe? Or perhaps to be more specific what temperature is the material rated to?13e75c52d2fbf2dc10d2d1453f3af794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks great. Thanks for the offer to make them. 
I’d love one too please. 

Al

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I've gained so much information through using the forum so it's nice to be able to give something back to the community; especially with the increase of home brewing at the moment! :) Also, I changed the print setting a few times and I think a couple of the iterations may leak (I tested most, but not all), so if yours does let me know and I'll replace it. All future ones I'll test before shipping just in case.

@ThePeginator I'm not sure in all honesty about the dishwasher. PETG won't melt until 210°C+ but may start to deteriorate before then - I read online that others have put PETG through a dishwasher and it's come out fine, but can't say anything from personal experience.

@Abcan just sending you a PM!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks @Mudlark13.

Great quality at a very fair price. Here is a side by side comparison for anyone wanting to see.IMG_20200404_195103.thumb.jpg.0452a6d05c20e0ee21b03bd27002d57a.jpg

Edited by Kam760
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kam760 said:

Thanks @Mudlark13.

Great quality at a very fair price. Here is a side by side comparison for anyone wanting to see.IMG_20200404_195103.thumb.jpg.0452a6d05c20e0ee21b03bd27002d57a.jpg

Thanks for pic Kam

Bought my brother a gaggia 2 weeks ago and his main complaint was the height of the drip tray.

Based on your pic, I'd love to take one too if possible

Thanks

21 hours ago, Mudlark13 said:

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I've gained so much information through using the forum so it's nice to be able to give something back to the community; especially with the increase of home brewing at the moment! :) Also, I changed the print setting a few times and I think a couple of the iterations may leak (I tested most, but not all), so if yours does let me know and I'll replace it. All future ones I'll test before shipping just in case.

Just filled mine with water and its been standing for half hour with no leaks.

If I had a small leak I would be inclined to run a soldering iron over a small hole to fix it!

• Like 1

Yes please! This'd be great for my slightly taller cortado glass; can't fit it under with a scale

• Like 1

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo