Bainbridge

Lockdown - which roasters are open?

After Boris put us in lockdown yesterday I realised we don't have even decaf left for more wife (she's caffeine intolerant).

Nude Coffee Roasters just emailed me to say they are still open, so obviously some companies are able to still take orders.

Anyone know of any others?

• Like 2

Had an email from Horsham this morning advising they're still open

A machine, a grinder & some beans

At the moment I'm seeing more saying they're open with reduced capacity than those that age saying they're shutting down. 

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

I would imagine that many of the small businesses will stay open if they live on the premises. The larger ones may close when lockdown is properly enforced. However, with Cafes/Coffee shops closing we may see the knight of the long knives for many larger roasters of coffee.

It's about the only thing we're not (and won't be) running short of at home.....coffee.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Well we're still open for online sales but 1 of the 2 Farmers Markets we attend already closed last week and the other will probably follow suit.

Espresso : Vesuvius Steel Pipework, Londinium L1, Cafelat Robot  Grinders : Compak R120, Compak E10, Mythos One Clima Pro, Mazzer Royal, Niche Zero Black, Macap MC7 Deli, OE Pharos, Hausgrind, Feldgrind, Feld 47, OE Apex

https://www.kaffeeculture.co.uk

Posted (edited)

I have ordered from coffeecompass on Saturday, still showing 'unfulfilled'. It happened once before and coffee turned up next day but, i'll see.

Edited by Inspector

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | PUSH Tamper Black | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Just got my coffee compass delivery

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55

North Star have just shut their online store

Screenshot_20200324_124037_com.instagram.android.jpg

LR, ZM

Rave are still roasting 

AKA Toffee chips

40 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

Rave are still roasting 

Presume they are shut for walk ins? Only live about 1000m down the road, just seems a shame to have to post to me!

Got about 2kg and another 750g from dog and hat due, but going through 60-80g a day being at home its not gonna last long!

Sage DB - Niche - Torr 58.55 sharp edge - Osmio Zero 

2 minutes ago, truegrace said:

Presume they are shut for walk ins? Only live about 1000m down the road, just seems a shame to have to post to me!

Sadly yes, post only I'm afraid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

beans beans the musical fruit....

2 minutes ago, ShortShots said:

Sadly yes, post only I'm afraid

Wonder how long they will be roasting for (not sure if the government will have the same view as us being a key service!) - may have to buy another KG to be safe!

Posted (edited)
On 24/03/2020 at 14:53, truegrace said:

Wonder how long they will be roasting for (not sure if the government will have the same view as us being a key service!) - may have to buy another KG to be safe!

We're classed as food manufacturers (see SQM's latest newsletter for affirmation), as roasters also supply supermarkets we are safe for the moment.  As soon as we get locked down to only 'essential food production' then things will change.  I'd be surprised if they stop coffee production in the UK at all though.

We have enacted shift-working and mandatory PPE to ensure we are meeting the guidelines from the government about social distancing and hygiene for us and our customers.

Edited by ShortShots
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

beans beans the musical fruit....

Yep, gone with Origin. Great offer, 20% off & free delivery. Didn’t want to take advantage too much so went over budget with the Alko. Sounds immense. 

Got a kilo from Heart and Graft this week. 20% off orders under £20 and free shipping for orders >£20.

There's an instragram post saying they are open with just one operator to roast, package, post orders, etc.

Might order again early next week, if the death toll doubles every 3 days like the amount of cases, I can't see the political upside of continuing to let delivery drivers be working by next week (when the deaths will be approaching 5k).

Gaggia Classic with Mr Shades PID, Mazzer Super Jolly (both second hand from this community!)

London Coffee Roasters have just stopped.  
Have just placed an order with Happy Donkey for 2kg of roasted

6 hours ago, ShortShots said:

We're classed as food manufacturers (see SQM's latest newsletter for affirmation), as roasters also supply supermarkets we are safe for the moment.  As soon as we get locked down to only 'essential food production' then things will change.  I'd be surprised if they stop coffee production in the UK at all though.

We have enacted shift-working and mandatory PPE to ensure we are meeting the guidelines from the government about social distancing and hygiene for us and our customers.

Good to hear, and ways happy to support local, even more so that rave beans are lush 😊

• Like 1

Thanks to all the roasters out there keeping us going in these difficult times...

I think the parcel delivery services are starting to struggle now though; Royal Mail has been promising to deliver my parcel from Rave for 3 days now...

I resorted to running some supermarket pre-ground cafetière coffee through the grinder this morning - not a great success!

• Like 2

Aged Gaggia Classic, 1991 La San Marco 90A Grinder, Another Coffee Espresso Blend No 1, Rave Coffee Italian Job, amongst others. Considering a HX or DB machine...

Mancoco still roasting.

Nuova Simonelli Personal 1 ¦ Mazzer SJ

Posted (edited)

Another shout out for the roasters who have been able to keep going.  Thank you, but please keep safe.

Also, a reminder to everyone that the supermarkets stock beans 😆

My dad loves these in his grinder  and gets them 20 bags at a time. He won't take my advice but I still love him! 🙄

IMG_20200327_172200resized2.jpg.1fb4531d26fa5e61a821b02f718077af.jpg

Edited by mike00
  • Like 1

Hasbean are still going as far as I know.

I know big roasters are still operating as my other half works for a coffee factory, even though a lot of chain coffee outlets are shut.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..