dfk41

NFC shipping

Odd question are the disks now come as standard when buying a new Niche?

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

5 minutes ago, Border_all said:

Odd question are the disks now come as standard when buying a new Niche?

Yes

• Like 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

No that’s kind of obvious.
I mean the hole that allows the beans into the burrs. The Niche is angled so does the hole sit at 12, 3, 6, 9 or does it not matter. 

Just not sure with the angle of hole position is important or wherever it lands once tightened on. It performs the same. 

That’s completely irrelevant since it moves with the inner burr and will always be at a different spot after having used the grinder.

Profitec Pro 300 | Baratza Sette 270 | Barista Hustle 58,5mm Tamper || Kalita Wave 185 | Hario V60 1 | Hario Woodneck | Aeropress || Madebyknock Aergrind | Baratza Virtuoso || Hario scales ||

5 hours ago, ElPaulse said:

And what’s the cost of your disk if you factor in the cost of the 3D printer, material and time spent on making it? Nothing is free...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

No cost to me, my friend already had the 3D printer, in fact he has 2, he printed most of the parts for the second one.

The material cost for something so small is pence so he didn't ask me for any money.

Niche Zero, Lelit Bianca, Claris Ultra filter, Torr Tamper with NickNak handle, BT Wedge distribution tool, Felicita ARC scales, MildredM towels. Fully converted by Coffee Forums UK.

No cost to me, my friend already had the 3D printer, in fact he has 2, he printed most of the parts for the second one.

The material cost for something so small is pence so he didn't ask me for any money.

Exactly what I was getting to. You outsourced the cost and were lucky to have someone with a 3D printer who was happy to make one for you. If you would have gone to someone doing it as a business it would certainly have cost a few £.

I’m just generally baffled by the extent to which people think stuff should be free, take free shipping for granted and are solely focusing on the pure material value of this product.

• Like 3

Profitec Pro 300 | Baratza Sette 270 | Barista Hustle 58,5mm Tamper || Kalita Wave 185 | Hario V60 1 | Hario Woodneck | Aeropress || Madebyknock Aergrind | Baratza Virtuoso || Hario scales ||

I really really don't see the issue of paying $9.99 delivered for what seems to be a decent upgrade on what is already a great piece of kit.

They didn't have to offer it at this price, a larger business would have probably priced it at £20 and hyped up the benefits.

And I'm pretty sure 99% of people would have ended up buying one.

21 hours ago, ElPaulse said:

That’s completely irrelevant since it moves with the inner burr and will always be at a different spot after having used the grinder.

Ah in that case it is, thanks for confirming 

On 17/03/2020 at 12:45, Bainbridge said:

I really really don't see the issue of paying $9.99 delivered for what seems to be a decent upgrade on what is already a great piece of kit.

No, but when presumably most of the cost is shipping from abroad, it would have been nice if they'd had the cost excluding shipping, so that people could group buy them.

It's not really efficient for everybody to pay postage like this.

30 minutes ago, Aidy said:

No, but when presumably most of the cost is shipping from abroad, it would have been nice if they'd had the cost excluding shipping, so that people could group buy them.

It's not really efficient for everybody to pay postage like this.

FFS....I suggest if you actually own a Niche.....bin it immediately! I get your point but, do normal people really car share.....use bikes 24/7.....take paper bags to the shops.....the list could go on

8 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

I get your point but, do normal people really car share.....use bikes 24/7.....take paper bags to the shops.....the list could go on

I do... all of those.

And given as we have a whole section on this forum dedicated to group buys, I don't think it's *that* far out there.

You ought to have emailed Niche then and asked them to arrange delivery of 10,000 to you, and you could have fulfilled your wish!

Personally pleased with Niche here. £8.50 really isn't a lot. It's a bag of beans. Niche didn't have to retro fit it and if they were "unscrupulous" they could have charged double or triple that. Ordered Wednesday and its left the factory in china today. Cost of the disc + postage from the other side of the globe for just £8.50... doubt anyone's  raking in millions from that. I cant get a train ticket to go 20 miles for that. 

Looking forward to testing the results. 

11 minutes ago, GazRef said:

Personally pleased with Niche here. £8.50 really isn't a lot. It's a bag of beans. Niche didn't have to retro fit it and if they were "unscrupulous" they could have charged double or triple that. Ordered Wednesday and its left the factory in china today. Cost of the disc + postage from the other side of the globe for just £8.50... doubt anyone's  raking in millions from that. I cant get a train ticket to go 20 miles for that. 

Looking forward to testing the results. 

I am quite certain you will be pleased with the results.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

No it's fine, but you can put it at 3pm, then see if you can stop it at exactly 3pm every time as a sort of challenge. ;)

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Update...they shipped mine the next day, but have informed me it is a 20 day airmail service......! I asked if they still used carrier pigeons!

29 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

Update...they shipped mine the next day, but have informed me it is a 20 day airmail service......! I asked if they still used carrier pigeons!

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately with the way the world is at the moment, the shipping time has been affected.
Unfortunate timing but we will do what we can!

• Like 1

I ordered mine on the 16th and looks like it made it to the Edinburgh delivery office this morning - couldn't expect anything better than that with what's going on in the world at the moment.

Looking forward to trying it out, potentially this afternoon. Many thanks for Niche for offering something like this at all, many companies would be happy to leave an improvement like this till their second product, and I'm more than happy with £8.50 in exchange for their time, their manufacturer and postage.

Niche Zero || Feld2 || Aergrind

Profitec Pro 500 PID || Acaia Lunar

Kalita Wave || V60 || Aeropress || Clever Dripper || French Press

Mine came in the post this morning, just fitted it ?

I'll give it a spin and see what happens... 

IMG_20200325_094003.jpg

• Like 1

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

Mine also arrived this morning and will give it ago for my lunchtime espresso!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

Got my disc today. Can't really tell any difference in taste because I'm forced to use oat milk for a bit, which I don't hate but it's not the best either.

The grind seems a lot fluffier and consistent. I turned 3.5 notches finer based on people's comments here but it made the shot run way too long so I'll bring it closer to what I was using before for the next shot.

Posted (edited)
On 25/03/2020 at 09:41, jaffro said:

Mine came in the post this morning, just fitted it ?

I'll give it a spin and see what happens... 

IMG_20200325_094003.jpg

mine landed yesterday too. how did you get the nut off? i tried to unlock it but the entire middle burr just spins so i stopped after 1/4 turn

Edited by GazRef

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GazRef said:

mine landed yesterday too. how did you get the nut off? i tried to unlock it but the entire middle burr just spins so i stopped after 1/4 turn

Keep turning it, you might need to shock it a bit just with a quick twist. Also take it a as a good excuse to take all the burrs out and give it a good clean.

Edited by Cooffe
  • Like 1

Or bung a wooden chopstick in there and undo it, after which don't do it up so tight, just give it a quick twist tighter against the motor drag.

• Like 1