IGNORED

Lelit Mara for £750

M_H_S

1 hour ago, Badgerman said:

Is the X worth £200 more?

When a new model of car comes out the old one's are sold at a discount. If you are a purchaser you might decide to go for the discounted model. I guess there must be an element of that going to happen. Really it's about what you want and your budget. 

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

I saw that last week! I was thinking of pulling the trigger.

My aversion to buying anything new is holding me back though!

I’ve just asked elsewhere. Should I want to upgrade the knobs to phenolic, are these a standard fitting? ie. can I buy better quality knobs to fit? I’ve seen a kit for the wooden ones but it’s £100 and I’m not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DRAXXMENVONE

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

When a new model of car comes out the old one's are sold at a discount. If you are a purchaser you might decide to go for the discounted model. I guess there must be an element of that going to happen. Really it's about what you want and your budget. 

What are the differences Dave ?  Taking the car analogy, I pulled out of a deal because the new model had a different radio and restyled bumpers and was a grand more than Id been quoted (ST220 2003).  No difference in performance, no more functionality.  Now if that grand gave me better handling, better looks, more performance etc then the increase could be justified.

Is the extra price buying greater ease of use, better result in the cup, quieter machine ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

That normally doesn't mean anything. 
They are across Europe from the site, but I'd want to know I could easily send it back if its broken.

Ah!

"The Coffee Mate is an international omnichannel retailer for coffee and coffee machines, operating in Europe under locally created names in each market. We focus on extraordinary sales experience and high-quality production.

Our journey to success began in 2010, Lithuania, when two friends decided to pursue their dream in coffee business. Passion for coffee and circle of friends grew rapidly. Now, according to "Business research center group" study, we are one of leading retailers in coffee and coffee machine industry in Baltic states. We don't stop here - we dream of sharing good coffee with the rest of the world.

Yes i see. Unfortunately i don't have any experience of them. Just that they came up in a websearch. From a cursory look i remember there being something about a 2 year warranty. My advice would be to phone and see how they sound.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah!
"The Coffee Mate is an international omnichannel retailer for coffee and coffee machines, operating in Europe under locally created names in each market. We focus on extraordinary sales experience and high-quality production.

Our journey to success began in 2010, Lithuania, when two friends decided to pursue their dream in coffee business. Passion for coffee and circle of friends grew rapidly. Now, according to "Business research center group" study, we are one of leading retailers in coffee and coffee machine industry in Baltic states. We don't stop here - we dream of sharing good coffee with the rest of the world.
Lol yes i think then ignore my earlier message!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, working dog said:

What are the differences Dave ?  Taking the car analogy, I pulled out of a deal because the new model had a different radio and restyled bumpers and was a grand more than Id been quoted (ST220 2003).  No difference in performance, no more functionality.  Now if that grand gave me better handling, better looks, more performance etc then the increase could be justified.

Is the extra price buying greater ease of use, better result in the cup, quieter machine ?

Unfortunately I need to complete the review, you need to read it, then make that judgment from what I say.

However you should already know that the MaraX takes the development of the HX machine on a step, quite a large one. Knowing what I know and if it were me making the choice. Fugly knobs and standard HX PL62S, save £200 by buying an outgoing model, if I was cash strapped i might go for it. Incoming MaraX, nicer looking Phenolics, up to date machine, quieter, more functions, better performance....I'd rather have that and if I wasn't cash strapped I might be a bit miffed I didn't go for it when I found out what the MaraX brings to the table. Also for £200 more I get the latest machine and a rock solid warranty commitment (fully transferable) from Bella Barista.

• Like 2

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

If £200 was a worry and/or strapped for cash, I wouldn’t be buying a coffee machine.

Think about the long term. What if it goes wrong? I know what I’d be doing...

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Thanks @DavecUK I'll not be buying one as I'm happy with my current setup.  From what youre saying, and understanding that this is not from an in depth review of the new machine, it sounds like the X isn't just the addition of a letter to the name plate and theres much more to the new model.

If it was on my list then I'd spend the extra cash.

Is the pump just quieter or it is different functionally too?

The tech in the X model sounds good and surprising that it wasn't thought of before by others with the two pids. Although it makes me wonder what is the margin of error and accuracy of brew temp in other heat exchange machines.