Hi all. Just wondering the difference is between the K10 and K10 Pro Barista. I can see the latter has more power but what effect does that have on the grind?

Also has anyone ever tried converting a k10 to an e10 or some other version of on demand grinder?

Lastly is there a way to single dose these?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Hi @M_H_S

did you mean the difference between an K10 master conic PB and K10 PB? if yes then motor at 900w and an additional fan plus case taller. From memory the fan on the rear on the Master runs all the time.

If K10 original vs K10 PB then the difference is there is a static tamper "nose" at the front of the doser there not being one on the PB (plus some other minor doser improvements on the PB ref sweepers)

You can remove the doser (referring to the PB now as that is what I have) and there are no ugly holes / access to the motor requiring filling (a la Mazzer). You can use without just dispense from the opening into either a funnel or as I do an aeropress funnel with another on top acting as a makeshift bean shoot (if single dosing you could even just pop a suitable old tamper on (if small enough acts as a weight). You could also add the OE short stack for Compaks or a smaller hopper.

Looking at the parts list for the E10, you could fit the funnel  (K06420 plus bolts etc) and even the Forks  / portafilter holder (C06550 plus bolts etc, check whether this includes the K06250 within the kit or separate) to a PB without the OD electronics or there is a parts listing on the last page for the OD parts et.

Hope of help and let us know how you go on with this, if needing to order a few parts to get the order going would be interested in joining together.

Regards

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 117Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Just thinking aloud a lens hood bean hopper with lid might work to also blow out any grinds retained as well other wise small brush as you would with any dosers due to the horizontal throat from burrs.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 117Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Thanks for your reply. It was really helpful. I had asked Compak for the price of the OD digital unit considering converting it. But your idea is genius. If we could get the chute from the E version it will be cheap and efficient to convert to doserless.

I've now picked up the unit i bought. I was taking the burrs out for cleaning but cant budge the propeller below off the shaft.

Any ideas how to remove safely?495edeb2ca0c37fb763f04ad6b9c2570.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia