bronc

Amsterdam Coffee Festival 2020

I'll be visiting the Amsterdam Coffee Festival this year. Has anyone attended in previous years? I wonder whether to get a 1/2/3-day pass. Is there much to see/try at the venue? I'll be staying for 2-3 days only and would like to have some free time to visit other cafes (and coffee shops wink wink) and sightsee. Also would love to hear your recommendations and food, drinks, coffee, etc. in Amsterdam. 

Never even been to Amsterdam, would love to go this like a multiple meet up?

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Amsterdam is awesome, and if you ever get bored, the Dutch rail network is awesome, and day tickets are great.

Example: https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/overige-kaartjes/p/amsterdam-travel-ticket for the Amsterdam region.

Gear:

Gaggia Baby 2001, Gaggia Color 2007, Delonghi Dedica, Severin grinder, Marcfi badged Compak K6 2004

Sent from my grinder using smoke signals.

Amsterdam is awesome, and if you ever get bored, the Dutch rail network is awesome, and day tickets are great.
Example: https://www.ns.nl/producten/en/overige-kaartjes/p/amsterdam-travel-ticket for the Amsterdam region.
Anyone who has already been to Amsterdam should definitely check out some other places in Netherlands. Haarlem, Utrecht, Den Haag etc. Amsterdam is awesome but I really started to love the Netherlands when I explored other cities outside of the touristy and slightly cliche Amsterdam.
  • Like 1

Might be there for a few days

Reviews: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl

I do this as a hobby, I'm not in business and receive no payment for my work a full disclosure is, and always has been, on my review and YouTube sites. Oh, I agree with @dfk41 quite often...well sometimes.

Just now, AJSK66 said:
18 minutes ago, allikat said:

Anyone who has already been to Amsterdam should definitely check out some other places in Netherlands. Haarlem, Utrecht, Den Haag etc. Amsterdam is awesome but I really started to love the Netherlands when I explored other cities outside of the touristy and slightly cliche Amsterdam.

Agreed. They have a 54 euro day ticket for the entire Nedelands Spoorwegen (Dutch Rail) network. You can go to all those places so very easily.

Gear:

Gaggia Baby 2001, Gaggia Color 2007, Delonghi Dedica, Severin grinder, Marcfi badged Compak K6 2004

More than likely 3 day pass

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

On 27/02/2020 at 10:14, AJSK66 said:
On 27/02/2020 at 09:56, allikat said:

I think I have a spare day at the end of my next trip to Amsterdam - whilst I haven’t really branched out elsewhere in the country before, it is something I would definitely want to do. If you only had the time to visit one, any of those in particular you would recommend?

There's lots to see. Den Haag is most likely to have the most coffee related places outside Amsterdam.   If you like WW2 history, then Arnhem and Nijmegen are easy to get to. Utrecht and Eindhoven are also cool cities. Maastricht is also a city well worth the visit, but it may be a bit far for just a single day.

• Like 1

Gear:

Yeah allikat covered it. If I had to choose I'd visit Utrecht. If you don't have much time though Haarlem is 20 minutes from Amsterdam and it's a nice small town to visit for a change of pace.

• Like 2

Don't forget Leiden

Arnhem and Nijmegen sound like a nice change from what I’ve had the opportunity to do before. After this I’m actually considering spending a day less in Amsterdam itself to allow for a bit more exploration - thanks! 

Breda looks also worth a visit.

Gear:

I wasn't a massive fan of the Arnhem / Nijmegen area, apart from the Kroller Muller national park. I love Delft, and have heard lots of recommendations for Utrecht too. Haarlem or Leiden are good shouts for nearby day trips. Rotterdam has some amazing sights, very industrial but also modern. Hague was ok.

Wherever you go in Holland, get a bicycle. It's about €12 to take them on the train if you need to.

Utrecht seems to be getting a lot of recommendations, I’ll have a read up on that too. Although it was several years ago now, I’ve been to Rotterdam a couple of times and found it quite unappealing - I maybe didn’t go to the right places though!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Might have a look into this! Went to Amsterdam with the other half last year and every cafe we went into was incredible. My favourite was Lot Sixty One.. small little cafe near Vondelpark. The seating section overlooks their roastery below. Even brought back two 250g bags of their house favourites.

Edited by thawhat
  • Like 1

I like the idea of this, nice little weekend away with a focal point of a day. I don't think it'll be on next year on the proposed dates, but when it does happened maybe a long weekend is in order.

Sage Barista Express.