Ruairi

Pump pressure prob on Francino contempo

Hi guys, I just bought a 1 year old Francino 2 group Contempo duel fuel. I set it up in my home kitchen to practice on, with the intention of using it in my trailer when it’s ready. I’m new to the coffee industry so am learning as I go, but hopefully I haven’t jumped the gun in buying this lovely machine!! I set it all up with little problem and turned it on and followed the instructions to open both steam valves until steam started to come out, at which point I was to close them and then let it come up to full pressure. Both the steam pressure gauge and pump pressure were rising slowly. I have it wired up to a 13 amp plug so assumed it would take slightly longer than 15 minutes. However I was suddenly hit with a bout of paranoia and thought am I sure there is enough water in the boiler! Looking at the water level gauge on the front I couldn’t tell whether it was completely full or completely empty! Sounds a little ridiculous I know! I turned off the machine and after trying to contact the seller to no avail, I decided to give it a gentle shake to either hear the water sloshing about or see it on the water level gauge. I gently lifted it from one end and let it drop, very gently, again. Then I could see the water level at the top of the gauge and realised it was completely full! Happy with this I turned it on again only this time the pump pressure rose quite quickly right past the 9bar mark and on to 12bar and the red zone at which point I panicked and turned it off! I let it rest for the night and this morning I turned it on again but the very same thing happened. Have I damaged it with the , I must emphasize, gentle lift/shake I gave it or is there something simple I need to adjust? Or should I find a qualified engineer to come and look at it?

Sorry for the long winded question and thanks for any advice!

Ruairi. 

5B5F2283-E867-4980-9B17-018906D32E6E.jpeg

Leave it on for longer

12 bar on first heat up is normal but it wont stop there all day. It will vary but shouldnt go above 12. Maybe 12.5.

When running the pump/making a drink - it should go to 9bar.

Post back if its not this and will talk you through adjustments 

Leave it on for longer

12 bar on first heat up is normal but it wont stop there all day. It will vary but shouldnt go above 12. Maybe 12.5.

When running the pump/making a drink - it should go to 9bar.

Post back if its not this and will talk you through adjustments 

Take a pic of the sight glass and will tell you if its correct 

Thanks so much for that! Clearly I panicked! Left it for longer as you said and it’s seems to be working perfectly now! Thanks again.