Dorian

Advice on Mignon Specialita'

Hi guys,

I m planning to change my old grinder, an Eureka / NS Mdx 64mm burrs with something doserless and more consistent, I was thinking of a Mignon Specialità, to be used with a La Pavoni Europiccola.

Would you think at anything better in the same price range? Also, Bella Barista would be the best store to buy it from (and would we have a discount?) I m based in Dublin Ireland.

Thanks in advance 🙂

I have a mignon specialita. It is very nice to use. Produces a nice fluffy mound if coffee in the PF but if you want perfect distribution you will still need to WDT, or atleast I do.

Easy to open up and clean.

I single dose mine almost exclusively now except for times when I know I will be knocking out one drink after the other (parties/Xmas etc). It works well as far as I can tell but obviously will suffer some degree of popcorning and thus a wider particle distribution... Total retention is around 2g, you get out what you put in (as far as weight) almost every time . I can't tell a diffence hopper fed vs single dosed TBH but I'm not a 'super taster'.

Considering how I single dose now most of the time I think if I had the chance to start again knowing this I would consider spending the extra money on the niche, even though I really hate the way it looks and I an personally a bit skeptical of its longevity.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much @HowardSmith,

I think I ll go for it, considering I love the one in Lime Green. I use to single dose myself with the MDX, but lately I started to roast my own coffee, so I always have 250 grams freshly roasted for the week, I may even want to leave them all in the hopper as they shouldn't get so stale in a few days' time I guess.

Yes, I was considering the niche too, but as you said, I really hate how it looks myself! I mean, the Mignon is in another league in terms of appearance :)

Have you bought it from Bella Barista? I would appreciate a bit of a discount if I could get some, I may try to drop them an email and ask directly, as it seems there s not a permanent discount code for the forum.

Thank you so much @HowardSmith,
I think I ll go for it, considering I love the one in Lime Green. I use to single dose myself with the MDX, but lately I started to roast my own coffee, so I always have 250 grams freshly roasted for the week, I may even want to leave them all in the hopper as they shouldn't get so stale in a few days' time I guess.
Yes, I was considering the niche too, but as you said, I really hate how it looks myself! I mean, the Mignon is in another league in terms of appearance 
Have you bought it from Bella Barista? I would appreciate a bit of a discount if I could get some, I may try to drop them an email and ask directly, as it seems there s not a permanent discount code for the forum.
I got the grinder as a package with a machine.