Cup_of_Joe

Advice on gear for a newbie please :)

If i can add my 2 cent , I think in your budget a Lelit Anita (pl042TEMD) would fit . If you can find a Lelit KATE  PL82T in your budget I would go for that  without even thinking twice since they have all the stuff that are missing in the Anita..

I have one for several years and I wish I would start with it as my first machine ( had a Thermoblock Quickmill 0835 ).

or like Bica60s mentioned maybe a combination with Rancillio sylvia.

Edited by stickyz

I have one coming up in the next few days as I have upgraded to a profile machine.

It is a 2005 Classic Set at 9.5 bar at the pump (so 9 bar at portafilter)

It has many new internal parts, which I will list when I put it on the forum for sale.

It is fitted with a MrShades PID.

I have just sold my 2004 Classic too!

See the thread;

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/50115-gaggia-classic-for-sale-made-in-italy-1300w/

The 2005 is even better than this one!

It will be online on the forum before the weekend

Vesuvius, Pavoni Europiccola, Niche Zero, Feld 47, Osmio Zero.

This might shock everyone but I'm leaning towards the Sage 😲. It's on offer at £550 + sage have a promo with a load of extra gear on redemption.

I have a super busy lifestyle and as much as I might like to learn the intricacies of coffee making I feel like Sage will give me good milk and decent coffee from the get go without investing lots of time in technique, which suits my me. It seems they sell second hand OK so if I want to invest more time I can always sell it and go for something more manual.

Before I go ahead, any thoughts on the above would be appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, Cup_of_Joe said:

This might shock everyone but I'm leaning towards the Sage 😲. It's on offer at £550 + sage have a promo with a load of extra gear on redemption.

I have a super busy lifestyle and as much as I might like to learn the intricacies of coffee making I feel like Sage will give me good milk and decent coffee from the get go without investing lots of time in technique, which suits my me. It seems they sell second hand OK so if I want to invest more time I can always sell it and go for something more manual.

Before I go ahead, any thoughts on the above would be appreciated. 

Not a shock at all, if that machine works for you go for it, there is nothing wrong with a Sage!

Is it this one:-

https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-ses878-the-barista-pro-coffee-machine/silver/p4081414

Edited by NikonGuy

Current:  La Marzocco Linea Mini | Mahlkönig EK43S (Loan Unit) | 25g VST Basket | Torr TI G5 TF SE 58.55mm Tamper

Past: Rocket Appartamento | Eureka Olympus 75E w/ Titanium Mythos Burrs | 18g VST Basket | Torr Classic 58.4mm Tamper

Is that the only sage you would consider. The Duo temp pro and Bambino are both good machines and having a separate grinder means if you do want to upgrade eventually you only need to replace the machine. The bambino is available for £200 from curry's so you could get Lakeland to match that for 3 years warranty as well. I paired mine with a Niche Zero and it has been fantastic. Like you didn't really want a big learning curve or a project so much as just the best morning coffee i could get and i feel this setup does that for me. 

Niche Zero -- Sage DTP

35 minutes ago, NikonGuy said:

Not a shock at all, if that machine works for you go for it, there is nothing wrong with a Sage!

Is it this one:-

https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-ses878-the-barista-pro-coffee-machine/silver/p4081414

https://www.costco.co.uk/Appliances/Small-Kitchen-Appliances/Coffee-Coffee-Capsules/Sage-Barista-Touch-Bean-To-Cup-Coffee-Machine-in-Black-Truffle-SES880BTR/p/318752

It's this one.

As far as I know (other than the dual boiler) the internals of the Sage coffee machines are largely the same. The reason I like the look of the touch is the auto frothing wand which has great write ups.

39 minutes ago, Cup_of_Joe said:

https://www.costco.co.uk/Appliances/Small-Kitchen-Appliances/Coffee-Coffee-Capsules/Sage-Barista-Touch-Bean-To-Cup-Coffee-Machine-in-Black-Truffle-SES880BTR/p/318752

It's this one.

As far as I know (other than the dual boiler) the internals of the Sage coffee machines are largely the same. The reason I like the look of the touch is the auto frothing wand which has great write ups.

Maybe try and get John Lewis to price match...

Current:  La Marzocco Linea Mini | Mahlkönig EK43S (Loan Unit) | 25g VST Basket | Torr TI G5 TF SE 58.55mm Tamper

Past: Rocket Appartamento | Eureka Olympus 75E w/ Titanium Mythos Burrs | 18g VST Basket | Torr Classic 58.4mm Tamper

Try Ecookshop as well.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

18 minutes ago, NikonGuy said:

Maybe try and get John Lewis to price match...

JL generally won't price match Costco. I've heard Costco are far more no quibbles than JL with warranties in any event. 

19 minutes ago, Cup_of_Joe said:

£999 at Ecookshop!

Get a classic then haha will serve you well

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)