Voocash

The cost of buying a GREEN coffee beans from an importer?

Hi there,

I've got the quote from Cafe Imports for 2 sacks of 60kg green beans of my choice. The price per KG seems sensible to me therefore I'd like to move forward with it. The quote I've got from Cafe Imports is only for the beans, excl. shipping and taxes/duties.

However I'm not sure about any other import costs involved such as: import duties, taxes, VATs, seaports costs etc. Importing to UK, England.

Has anyone come across it and can drop a brief guidance?

----------------------------

Second thing:

Where to buy high quality, speciality coffee beans if not from an importer. We are talking about small quantity of few KGs/month.

Edited by Voocash
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, filthynines said:

My understanding then is that it's built into the price that you're quoted. 

Oh.. I've just read the quote again, the coffee is stored in the distribution centre literally few miles away from me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Be aware you will be buying in Euros. The price also floats according to the £/$ fluctuations, but once the order has been invoiced it will not change whilst the invoice is valid. (Date shown on Invoice)

I suggest you use Transferwise to pay. You will be invoiced in Euros, so you have to make sure, by using Transferwise, that CI gets the Euros they want allowing for the transfer charges made by Transferwise. The site lets you get a quote so you can be sure you get it right. 

Be aware also, you will need identification if you decide to collect. ie passport in your case.

Edited by Batian
additional info
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Batian said:

Be aware you will be buying in Euros. The price also floats according to the £/$ fluctuations, but once the order has been invoiced it will not change whilst the invoice is valid. (Date shown on Invoice)

I suggest you use Transferwise to pay. You will be invoiced in Euros, so you have to make sure, by using Transferwise, that CI gets the Euros they want allowing for the transfer charges made by Transferwise. The site lets you get a quote so you can be sure you get it right. 

Be aware also, you will need identification if you decide to collect. ie passport in your case.

Thanks @Batian have you dealt with CafeImports before?

• Sad 1

reliable company, knowledgeable and lovely people 👍🏻

Yep, prices are either $ (US branch) or € (Europe, based on current $ exchange rate), including everything but sales tax and logistics from warehouse to your location. 

• Sad 1

I've just found out the delivery cost would be £45-60 which is quite good. I can also pick it up myself from the warehouse. 

• Sad 1

On 13/02/2020 at 14:08, Voocash said:

Hi there,

I've got the quote from Cafe Imports for 2 sacks of 60kg green beans of my choice. The price per KG seems sensible to me therefore I'd like to move forward with it. The quote I've got from Cafe Imports is only for the beans, excl. shipping and taxes/duties.

However I'm not sure about any other import costs involved such as: import duties, taxes, VATs, seaports costs etc. Importing to UK, England.

Has anyone come across it and can drop a brief guidance?

----------------------------

Second thing:

Where to buy high quality, speciality coffee beans if not from an importer. We are talking about small quantity of few KGs/month.

Hippoenterprises.co.uk have ab green beans from Kenya in stock

A86FD296-0847-4ECF-A21D-B7F54988276C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hippoenterprises said:

Hippoenterprises.co.uk have ab green beans from Kenya in stock

To interest the watu hapa, hi kibokoduka needs to show the origins and provenience together with a SCA cupping score?

Free samples on request then you can cup score it yourself,origin etc is on bags that are on this picture but abit blurred when you enlarge granted,if you want more information just call or email me.

thanks

steve

hippo

B7C100F6-46D2-436F-ACD7-1AD17F1BBF3C.jpeg