Jump to content
Voocash

The cost of buying a GREEN coffee beans from an importer?

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I've got the quote from Cafe Imports for 2 sacks of 60kg green beans of my choice. The price per KG seems sensible to me therefore I'd like to move forward with it. The quote I've got from Cafe Imports is only for the beans, excl. shipping and taxes/duties.

However I'm not sure about any other import costs involved such as: import duties, taxes, VATs, seaports costs etc. Importing to UK, England.

Has anyone come across it and can drop a brief guidance?

----------------------------

Second thing:

Where to buy high quality, speciality coffee beans if not from an importer. We are talking about small quantity of few KGs/month.

Edited by Voocash
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, filthynines said:

My understanding then is that it's built into the price that you're quoted. 

Oh.. I've just read the quote again, the coffee is stored in the distribution centre literally few miles away from me.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be aware you will be buying in Euros. The price also floats according to the £/$ fluctuations, but once the order has been invoiced it will not change whilst the invoice is valid. (Date shown on Invoice)

I suggest you use Transferwise to pay. You will be invoiced in Euros, so you have to make sure, by using Transferwise, that CI gets the Euros they want allowing for the transfer charges made by Transferwise. The site lets you get a quote so you can be sure you get it right. 

Be aware also, you will need identification if you decide to collect. ie passport in your case.

Edited by Batian
additional info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Batian said:

Be aware you will be buying in Euros. The price also floats according to the £/$ fluctuations, but once the order has been invoiced it will not change whilst the invoice is valid. (Date shown on Invoice)

I suggest you use Transferwise to pay. You will be invoiced in Euros, so you have to make sure, by using Transferwise, that CI gets the Euros they want allowing for the transfer charges made by Transferwise. The site lets you get a quote so you can be sure you get it right. 

Be aware also, you will need identification if you decide to collect. ie passport in your case.

Thanks @Batian have you dealt with CafeImports before?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reliable company, knowledgeable and lovely people 👍🏻

Yep, prices are either $ (US branch) or € (Europe, based on current $ exchange rate), including everything but sales tax and logistics from warehouse to your location. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just found out the delivery cost would be £45-60 which is quite good. I can also pick it up myself from the warehouse. 
 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2020 at 14:08, Voocash said:

Hi there,

I've got the quote from Cafe Imports for 2 sacks of 60kg green beans of my choice. The price per KG seems sensible to me therefore I'd like to move forward with it. The quote I've got from Cafe Imports is only for the beans, excl. shipping and taxes/duties.

However I'm not sure about any other import costs involved such as: import duties, taxes, VATs, seaports costs etc. Importing to UK, England.

Has anyone come across it and can drop a brief guidance?

----------------------------

Second thing:

Where to buy high quality, speciality coffee beans if not from an importer. We are talking about small quantity of few KGs/month.

Hippoenterprises.co.uk have ab green beans from Kenya in stock

A86FD296-0847-4ECF-A21D-B7F54988276C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hippoenterprises said:

Hippoenterprises.co.uk have ab green beans from Kenya in stock

To interest the watu hapa, hi kibokoduka needs to show the origins and provenience together with a SCA cupping score?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free samples on request then you can cup score it yourself,origin etc is on bags that are on this picture but abit blurred when you enlarge granted,if you want more information just call or email me.

thanks

steve

hippo

B7C100F6-46D2-436F-ACD7-1AD17F1BBF3C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png

×
×
  • Create New...