IGNORED

Lets see your Mignon single dosing setups

In searching there have been a few old threads on this, mostly with outdated links to parts etc. 

Who is doing this and what solutions have you tried? 

Currently I'm looking at a 20cm piece of perspex tube at around 40mm wide, so enough to hold a column of beans. Potentially with a cylindrical weight inside to apply downward pressure and simulate a hopper with beans in. 

I also fancy getting some kind of blower on top to push the grounds through. 
I saw people were using a collapsible camera lens but it wasn't quite powerful enough. 

I've got a few 50ml syringes lying around so might try and rig on of those up to blow through. 

1 hour ago, TomHughes said:

In searching there have been a few old threads on this, mostly with outdated links to parts etc. 

Who is doing this and what solutions have you tried? 

Currently I'm looking at a 20cm piece of perspex tube at around 40mm wide, so enough to hold a column of beans. Potentially with a cylindrical weight inside to apply downward pressure and simulate a hopper with beans in. 

I also fancy getting some kind of blower on top to push the grounds through. 
I saw people were using a collapsible camera lens but it wasn't quite powerful enough. 

I've got a few 50ml syringes lying around so might try and rig on of those up to blow through. 

I find this style works wonders on my SJ electric. SImple 'air blower' ebay purchase.

1132878520_Screenshot2020-02-12at16_02_23.thumb.png.9783dd2cf7aafdcd4e0defb152c26180.png

• Like 1

If you've searched the forum you've probably seen these already but if not, this is what I did when I had my mignon a couple of years ago! Perspex tube with sugru on the bottom moulded to the shape of the collar so it was a good tight fit then had a weight that sat inside and I cut up a collapsible funnel from Amazon I think that worked a treat when hit to blow out grinds! Apologies for quality of the pics only screenshots

Screenshot_20200212-200643.png

Screenshot_20200212-200804.png

Edited by chip_kara
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/02/2020 at 10:59, shodjoe1 said:

What’s the transparent tube you’ve got there?

Decent Pro 1.3, Sage DB (Slayer, Brass OPV and Pump modded, IMS Screen), Titus EK43s SSP Burrs, Mignon Silenzio, Niche coming soon, Osmio Zero.

• 11 months later...

41mm OD black waste pipe cut to length that holds max of 21g dose (my crono has a rubber insert in the throat where the hopper inserts, if you don't have that then different pipe diameter may be req) and an £8, 40.5mm collapsible lens hood. £10.50 total.

I've temporally put a light coloured zip tie on but will replace with a black one and then think it'll look pretty subtle. Not loads of air power but enough to leave 0.15g retention, which is fine by me. My silvia plastic tamper fits inside to stop popcorning. 

20210417_145421.jpg

20210417_145411.jpg

Edited by newdent

18gr in - whatever out, I dont care anymore.

I bought a single doser, and used it twice, I now just throw 18 into the hopper and use what comes out, or use a timed dose.

Each to their own, personally I can no longer be doing with all the f**king about.

31 minutes ago, hubcap said:

18gr in - whatever out, I dont care anymore.

I bought a single doser, and used it twice, I now just throw 18 into the hopper and use what comes out, or use a timed dose.

Each to their own, personally I can no longer be doing with all the f**king about.

Haha, well as long as you enjoy the coffee you're making then why f**k about indeed! You just need to get rid of the initial weighing step to be totally free from the faff! 😀

My second weigh adds about 5 seconds onto my workflow, so I can live with it... for now!! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, newdent said:

Haha, well as long as you enjoy the coffee you're making then why f**k about indeed! You just need to get rid of the initial weighing step to be totally free from the faff! 😀

I tried to get serious about it all, but after all these years my taste buds are shot to hell.

After all, it's just a cup of coffee ;) (even thinking about moving the machine and grinder on).