ratty

Osmio Zero Group Buy

6 hours ago, ratty said:

Any joy on yours arriving Sly?

Did the concierge have it?

Yeah, he’d kept it as couriers had started nicking stuff left outside other people’s doors. 

Seems like a really nice product, no setup at all. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sly said:

Yeah, he’d kept it as couriers had started nicking stuff left outside other people’s doors. 

Seems like a really nice product, no setup at all. 

There is a fun solution to that problem:

Or, just dig a moat and fill it with crocodiles 😎

• Haha 1

Just had morning cuppa after doing chores...and did it tasted sweet although that might be down to the amount of sugar in it and not the Osmio

• Haha 1

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

I'm really surprised no one else has started up another group, its not even been mentioned apart from Dave nudging Eddie to do one after he missed out. Apart from a couple of minor issues, that's unless you got totally the wrong machine sent you all seemed to go well, or were we just lucky with our leader?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

19 minutes ago, MinesAbeer said:

Just had morning cuppa after doing chores...and did it tasted sweet although that might be down to the amount of sugar in it and not the Osmio emoji23.png

The water did taste sweet its a world apart form anything else.

19 minutes ago, MinesAbeer said:

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

9 hours ago, ArisP said:

There is a fun solution to that problem:

Or, just dig a moat and fill it with crocodiles 😎

Some good ideas in there, I like the home alone angle. 👏

Getting to know the various sounds of the osmio. Lots of rumbling, purring, knocking, tapping, gurgling, beeping. 

I love how hot water is so quick and easy. Think our tea intake is going to go up (there’s only so much caffeine I should drink in a day).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MinesAbeer said:

I'm really surprised no one else has started up another group, its not even been mentioned apart from Dave nudging Eddie to do one after he missed out. Apart from a couple of minor issues, that's unless you got totally the wrong machine sent you all seemed to go well, or were we just lucky with our leader?

I'm really surprised too, I'm sure there would be at least another 6 people on here looking for one. Think we got very lucky, everything went very quickly and smoothly considering this was the first one! I'd say a lot of that is down to @ratty chasing them down constantly! 😂 Thanks @ratty🙌

• Like 1

L1 + Niche

If it wasn't £330 and it was smaller I think this would be an easier sell but my missus hasn't been convinced. It won't actually save us any money over bottled water and its quite large on the worktop. The main selling point is the water being a bit kinder on my coffee machine (which was quite cheap anyway) and the minimised plastic waste. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scribblez said:

I'm really surprised too, I'm sure there would be at least another 6 people on here looking for one. Think we got very lucky, everything went very quickly and smoothly considering this was the first one! I'd say a lot of that is down to @ratty chasing them down constantly! 😂 Thanks @ratty🙌

I'm sure there's a few bikers breathed a sigh of relief after I stepped down from Treasurer of the bike club after 7 years! 🤣

Thanks for the vote of confidence people anyway. 🤩

• Like 1

Vesuvius, Pavoni Europiccola, Niche Zero, Feld 47, Osmio Zero.

Jon emailed me to check we were all happy with the goods and outcome?

He wants, if we will to all leave a review.

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/osmiowater-co-uk

Edited by ratty
  • Like 2

How about, rather than leaving a generic review on their website, the 6 of us create a list of points that we can then communicate back to Osmio as a review of sorts.

I know that @DavecUKDid an extensive review, and has since provided his opinion, so we can provide ours? There are bound to be similar points raised, but that's not a bad thing, it just shows that more people have noticed them.

Here, I'll start:

Pros / things I like:

1. No more plastic bottles, can't overstate this.

2. Very compact device for what it does,.

3. Independent of plumbing, can take it with me when I move houses.

4. Better tasting water than tap, better tasting than brita/bwt jug.

Cons / things I'd like improved;

1. Poor quality of the drip tray and of the magnetic lock for the tray. Aluminum would be preferred with more magnets.

2. Rotating mode selector is not precise, should increase the "click" lock, and one rotation only to go from cold to warm etc.

3. Should come with felt pads as option to allow the machine to slide easier on the countertop as Dave suggested, currently a pain to slide in and out to refill the tank.

4. This is a little specialized, but why not: either come with a blank filter for the magnesium/calcium for pure output of RO water, so we can then add back in epsom salt and bicarbonate for the coffee machine, or even easier, have an internal plumbing bypass so you can select if you want mineralized or RO each time, using a button on the control pad.

That's all I have so far, obviously too early to comment on longevity of the machine or the filters.

Guess this would be obvious to you folks but being slow, I just discovered;

If like me you have to swing the osmio out to fill the tank up, after you slot the tank back in and before closing the lid, top it up above the 5 litre mark to the rim with a couple more pints of water,  and then put the lid down.

It will then fill the internal tank and the level in the main tank will drop down to well below the 5 litre mark and it will be easy then to slide/swing back into position without any water spillage.

I assume a couple of extra pints put in initially won't stop the water tank filter from operating correctly?

Edited by ratty
Added info

31 minutes ago, ratty said:

Guess this would be obvious to you folks but being slow, I just discovered;

1. If like me you have to swing the tank out to fill it up, after you slot the tank back in and before closing the lid, top it up above the 5 litre mark to the rim with a couple more pints of water,  and then put the lid down.

2. It will then fill the internal tank and the level in the main tank will drop down to well below the 5 litre mark and it will be easy then to slide/swing back into position without any water spillage.

3. I assume a couple of extra pints put in initially won't stop the water tank filter from operating correctly?

1. It gets pretty close to the height of the back (that slight cut away) at the 5 litre mark, unless they changed something, topping it much above the 5l mark would make it overflow.

2. I often do this but with rubber feet it's really hard, you need some felt pads from the Tesco £1 but and even with those the feet are such they don't really stick on that well. I'm considering cutting a piece of acrylic window/roofing sheet, or plastic sheet, sticking felts to that and placing the Osmio on it like a skateboard. So I won't see it, but it gives the felts something to stick to. I'll post a photo when I've done it.

3. Don't do that, it's designed to do a 5 down to 1 rejection, more water means it ends up trying to do a larger amount, higher concentrations left towards the end and lower filter life. In fact something some people do is close the lid and after it goes down (filling the internal storage), they top up with another litre or so to the mark...which is just as bad.

• Like 2

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Thanks Dave,

Guess I got about 1.5 to 2 pints in without overflowing at all at the back cutaway.

I will heed your advice about the 5 to 1 ratio and not do it again!

5 minutes ago, ratty said:

Thanks Dave,

Guess I got about 1.5 to 2 pints in without overflowing at all at the back cutaway.

I will heed your advice about the 5 to 1 ratio and not do it again!

When if whooshes back into the tank as it backwashes the membrane (say your internal tank was quite full and it flushed the membrane just after you topped it right up)....it would probably cause it to overflow.

Just a smear of Molycote now and again on the male connector sleeves (dry them well first) every so often should keep everything nice.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo