DavecUK

Osmio Zero - Group buy process

14 hours ago, catpuccino said:

Osmio group buy anyone <_<. I remember they did a 299 deal a while back too.

image.png.c66f30820b19ca5bae9339ac39942825.png

This comment got me thinking.... hard

I personally believe in the Osmio Zero and have found it a fantastic device, my wife the kids all love it and pull about 16 litres through each day. It keeps the coffee machine scale free and I think is a great counter top RO solution. I did a review and people can find the review on my signature link. My whole mission in coffee has been to improve things for coffee lovers, it's my hobby, my interest and I like to see things better for all of us that drink it. I especially like to see machine faults kept to a minimum.

I always think it's a shame people can't really get together on forums and use a bit of buying power. As such I made a suggestion to Osmio about group buying with a view to getting more units in the hands of coffee machine users. It's expensive I know but it's worth it.....the difficulty is getting enough people together to get a decent discount, plus one person usually has to have the whole delivery and then onward ship it or wait for collections from their house.. I had a chat with Mark and this is what I have managed to get for the forum.

A £321 offer. This is for 6 people who get together in a group buy and send a single coordinated order through to Osmio. For £321 you will get an:

1. Osmio Zero
  2. Free delivery
  3. Free extra set of filters

Process: To take advantage of this 6 people must get together, 1 of them needs to act as a coordinator and get details from the other 5. The coordinator sends an e-mail to Osmio [email protected] with their own e-mail and the other 5 peoples e-mail. Osmio contact each person to get delivery address and sends a paypal invoices to each person. When all 6 have paid the items are shipped to the individuals directly. Obviously the Coordinator should mention the forum, only because they may run other deals with companies etc.. and you want to ensure there is no confusion.

I personally believe in the product and now leave it up to enterprising forum members. Please don't start a group buy on this thread, if you want to be a coordinator and start a group buy make a new thread to do that and start getting a list of members together. Don't ask questions like, will it be less if we order 7 or 8  etc.., the price is the price. I know there was a £299 offer done on Black Friday but that didn't include extra filters and I don't believe will ever be repeated by Osmio (as it wasn't a great business idea) based on my conversation with Mark.

Please don't ask me to coordinate, I'm not interested as I already have one and please no accusations of underhand dealings or commission...I get not a penny for this or any other advantage. As a coordinator don't expect any extra favours, you will get the same deal as the other 5 and will be doing it out of the goodness of your heart. I hope it works out and the forum is able to secure members good deals with members own buying power. If the first one goes well mods can consider making this a sticky so that future coordinators can find this post.

@catpuccino Perhaps you may well be the first group buy coordinator for this!

• Like 4

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

This is quite a deal.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

23 minutes ago, Jony said:

This is quite a deal.

I'm a good negotiator.... ;)

Edited by DavecUK

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Id be in for one 

Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux /Eureka Zenith 65E / Rancilio Rocky 2015 / Torr goldfinger 58.55 sharp edge

Oh no now i am even more tempted. Enjoy this forum lots of lovely toys just need space at home. Well done Dave

La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2. Eureka Mignon. Sage dtp

I'd be in for one too!

Not too keen on being the coordinator though at the moment I'm afraid.

I just had the Vesuvius delivered AND, a new digital slow cooker! I get there in the end but I'm not fast or intuitive with digital technology.

Vesuvius, Pavoni Europiccola, Niche Zero, Feld 47, Osmio Zero.

I'd be in for one as well, but don't want to be the coordinator.

41 minutes ago, ratty said:

I'd be in for one too!

Not too keen on being the coordinator though at the moment I'm afraid.

I just had the Vesuvius delivered AND, a new digital slow cooker! I get there in the end but I'm not fast or intuitive with digital technology.

Ok, seems pretty straightforward, changed my mind! Unless someone else is particularly keen?

I will coordinate if we have six people who want one. (I'm one of the six!)

I'm only available on the coffee forum between 8am and 6pm

So don't expect any immediacy on replies out of those hours.

Cheers

Ratty

Edited by ratty
expansion

Okay, any one that wants the Osmio Zero let me know and the first 5 will get priority and we'll go from there.

Offline now until tomorrow morning.

Ratty

@ratty you should start a thread in the group buy section if you wish to coordinate this 

L1 + Niche

Just seen this, sounds like a great price. Would love to put my name down for the group buy if ok. Looking at the group buy rules I haven’t got enough posts but I could get that up over the next day or so if it’s a sticking point. 

Yep  I am sure dave said it would be ongoing I think, @DavecUK

• Thanks 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

As I cannot become an organiser (less than 6 months active membership) I will be awaiting other (more experienced) interested members 😁 This is truly an amazing deal, thanks @DavecUK 

I am sure one of the 6 will deal with it, if  I was to have another I would deal with it.

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

2 minutes ago, adamkovacs1126 said:

As I cannot become an organiser (less than 6 months active membership) I will be awaiting other (more experienced) interested members 😁 This is truly an amazing deal, thanks @DavecUK 

Why can't you become an organiser, it's not like you are holding or handling the money, it's only a coordination role. I don't think the rule, if there is one, was to cover this type of situation. You go for it...start organising and I'm sure you will get 6 of you in no time flat. If the mods want to stop you, I am sure they will, but I suspect it will be fine.

• Like 2

I think the 6 months is to protect anyone from losing money to a new member?

As no money in this instance passes to the organiser, maybe the rule does not apply in this case?

Yep I do agree.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

1 minute ago, adamkovacs1126 said:

Cheers for the tip guys, I am going to organise one soon then - worst case they shut me off. 😁

They won't, it's a simple secretarial role, much the same as when someone gives out a discount code. It's not like you are organising something where you make a profit, have personal gain (beyond that of a good deal for all) or take money from people yourself.

• Like 1

That rule dates back to when I was a newbie on here, and there was a group buy for brass dispersion blocks for the Gaggia Classic. No names, member long since gone anyway, but the organiser of the group buy did do a runner with a load of people's cash. That said, I think he'd been around for a while himself when it happened. The forum sorted it all out in the end but it was a PITA so the rules were there to avoid it happening. In this case we all pay direct to the seller so it won't apply I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png