cracked_bean

Gene Cafe CBR101 late 2014

I am looking to get some valuations on my Gene Cafe roster. All original and no modifications. Original owner and had this since late 2014. If I had to estimate I would say 100 roasts roughly on this.

There are marks on the right as shown in picture and discolouration where I rapped on a vent on the left. 27ceda57edc671a4e588c3f188695365.jpgddcb7b1af7698db7ee374a0cc9d6bc0d.jpg4d85c4866d418c45ce0ecb9fe11a7a9b.jpg17f9269c1cea71412b7cb494ceba6550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking to sell this in the for sale section but with forum rules I wanted a price. Any ideas?

I see no one responded.... so here goes.

£180-230

Based on the fact you didn't bother to clean the chamber or present it well, it's almost 6 years old and people will assume at least double or treble the number of roasts you say. The range of price is wide because it does depend on what someone will pay. Had you cleaned it up to new standard, perhaps people would have paid more....because they would assume someone meticulous about keeping the roaster in nice condition will have looked after it.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

I don’t really believe in tricking people or hiding the truth but thanks for the advice. I will look into giving it a polish... still that range is more than I expected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cracked_bean said:

I don’t really believe in tricking people or hiding the truth but thanks for the advice. I will look into giving it a polish... still that range is more than I expected.

Of course not, but sellers are always genuine and buyers are always suspicious. If you're selling you want to get more if you're buying you want to pay less....just generalisations about the way of the world. It's why car dealers polish and clean the life out of a used vehicle & steam clean the engine....adds loads to the value.

Remember I gave to a range for your asking price, people may well (and usually do) offer less...all depends on market demand at the moment.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

You are right, and to be honest it was much easier to clean than expected. I just submerged it in lye and the coffee floated away.

I did just assume that it was the heat and the metal was tarnished not a buildup of burnt coffee oil.

Just the thought of Danny Devitos character in Matilda went through my head.

You are right, and to be honest it was much easier to clean than expected. I just submerged it in lye and the coffee floated away.

I did just assume that it was the heat and the metal was tarnished not a buildup of burnt coffee oil.

Just the thought of Danny Devitos character in Matilda went through my head.

Is this available?

If you haven't it will probably benefit from a bit of take to pieces and cleaning. Not hard to do but a used one I bought functions some what more as expected after that. Chaff stuck in the collector and dust and fluff where air is sucked in.

John

-

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png