sshainberg

Rancillio S24 not heating up or building pressure.

I recently had an issue with the pressure release valve continuously pushing out steam when the machine was turned on. After taking advice, I replaced the pressure stat and set the spring tension appropriately. I also replaced the pressure release valve. The machine then appeared to be working well for a few days. I now have a problem that when turned on it essentially does nothing. The boiler isn’t heating up and obviously as a result there is no pressure. I have checked that there is current flow into and out of the hearing element which there is. The only possible things I can think of is either the heating element itself is not working or the release valve I have installed is not right (it does look slightly smaller than the original but screwed in and sealed perfectly). Could either of these be the case? 
Thanks in advance,

37 minutes ago, sshainberg said:

I recently had an issue with the pressure release valve continuously pushing out steam when the machine was turned on. After taking advice, I replaced the pressure stat and set the spring tension appropriately. I also replaced the pressure release valve. The machine then appeared to be working well for a few days. I now have a problem that when turned on it essentially does nothing. The boiler isn’t heating up and obviously as a result there is no pressure. I have checked that there is current flow into and out of the hearing element which there is. The only possible things I can think of is either the heating element itself is not working or the release valve I have installed is not right (it does look slightly smaller than the original but screwed in and sealed perfectly). Could either of these be the case? 
Thanks in advance,

That was last April not a few days ago or recently?

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

So you had a problem with it last year, joined the forum and sucked up the free advice without taking the trouble to thank the people that helped you or report back on progress.

Now that it has gone wrong again you are back for more advice.

Is it me..?

• Like 3

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

2 hours ago, DavecUK said:

That was last April not a few days ago or recently?

Although I had the problem in April, due to family matters, I have only just been able to attempt to repair the machine. It unfortunately was sat unused in that time as I had other pressing priorities. So the original issue arose back then but it was ‘recently’ that the initial problem was fixed and then a few days later that the new issue started.

1 hour ago, Norvin said:

So you had a problem with it last year, joined the forum and sucked up the free advice without taking the trouble to thank the people that helped you or report back on progress.

Now that it has gone wrong again you are back for more advice.

Is it me..?

I believe I did say thanks for the help in the original thread. As I have explained to DavecUK, since my last response on that thread, I have had things happening in my personal life which have kept me away from the forum and my poor unused Rancillio. 

I was under the impression that forums were a platform for people to seek advice from those more knowledgable than themselves. I was unaware that there was such a thing as ‘free’ advice on here. I thought it was a supportive community where all information is freely offered. If I have understood this please accept my apology.