Milanski

Food Processors

After a thoroughly insightful thread about Japanese Kitchen knives, I now ask your knowledgeable selves for recommendations about food processors.

While I realise I should know what uses it is intended for, it's a present for my wife and I don't have the foggiest. I know she's after one and I want to get her a flexible one. If it helps, she's into baking especially but equally I heard talk of nut butters, hummus, smoothies and general kitchen duties like salad prep etc. It'll be vegan only stuff if that makes any difference. Are they the same as coffee machines in terms of consumer, prosumer and professional?

If anyone has any useful info and suggestions, they'd be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Coffee enema anyone?

Magi mix or Kitchen aid seen a few around £100 of kitchen magimix a little more pricy

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I brought the wife a kitchen aid one a few years ago, seems to do the job and you can get a number of attachments for different jobs. Makes wicked ice cream! 

A machine, a grinder & some beans

I think you may fall between two stools = food mixer  and food processor.   Mixer ideal for cakes, sponges bread whipping cream.

Food processing = liquidising, shredding, chopping  smoothies etc.

For food mixers  Kitchenaid has a good name   Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.  ( For small to medium quantities look at the 3.3 lit model  still quite large)

We have a kenwood food processor (not to be confused with a food mixer) as per above.

Ok great, thank you all.

Kinda thought there'd be one machine that did both considering they're essentially motors with a container on top, but I could be over simplifying it! If anyone said a similar thing about a coffee grinder I'd be up in arms!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Coffee enema anyone?

Go for a branded one like Kitchen Aid / Magimix or Kenwood. I made the mistake of buying a Sainsburys own brand stand mixer. One year in and it broke. No spares, no support. So replaced it with a K-mix which is great, and you can get spares.

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've owned this for about 18 months and it's great: https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-kitchen-system-with-nutri-ninja-bl682uk2/

Frozen smoothies, hummus, baby food, granola, pancake mixes. All sorts gets thrown in there and comes out nicely. 

1973 La Pavoni ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Kenwood mixer with a dough hook of course here along with  a Kenwood hand blender with various bits, it can mash potatoes and has a sort of processor to go with it. I use the blender for pancake and toad in the hole batter etc. Hard to beat for that, much easier to mix as lumps just go. Amazon gave me a rather long return period don't know why. My wife makes a large quantity of soup for a local community thingies now and again hence the need for a powerful blender. The blender on the mixer is not big enough and the hand blender can be used in what ever things are cooked in.

Also something Kenwood maybe an attachment for slicing in various ways - disappeared so obviously not required.

John

-

Edited by ajohn

In Use Sage DB+IMS Shower Screen, Niche. Others Sage BE, Mazer Mini A,. Projects Little Gem, Gaggia M7D

SageBanner_v01.jpg.a45786743a4eb401969788b45ae7f893.jpg