BebeShanghai

Which beans do you use with which profiles?

Hello!

I'm wondering what your favourite beans / profiles combinations are. 

I've had my Vesuvius for a little while now and after experimenting with this and that, quickly settled into relying on fantastic cups of Coffee Compass' Brighton Lanes, using one of the profiles from Ron's sheet (can't remember which one!) with a Niche grinder. Rich, smooth, really lovely. 

Recently I resolved to use/ learn more, so I've tried various other beans but with very limited success, and I've always gone back to the Brighton Lanes beans. In fact, the last one (the Cherry Cherry Espresso from Coffee Compass) was so awful the way I brewed it that I've decided it's time to properly devote some time to learning the Vesuvius and figuring out if/how I can get a decent cup out of the beans. 

In the meantime (and as I'm at my desk ordering more Brighton Lanes beans!) I thought I'd crowdsource your ideas for great beans / profiles. Hopefully a much faster route to success than relying on my limited skills to tinker with the machine in the hope that the beans are good.

I'm happy to hear about any different beans and profiles. My plan is to try them out and attempt to educate myself about coffee tastes, using what should be great cups of coffee, rather than trying out new beans with no idea about how to make them taste better. (So far my technique is really just weigh in / out and get the grinds of the right size to deliver this by the time stated in Ron's chart, then figure out if it tastes good! I made the decision when I bought the Vesuvius to buy the best I could so that as my skills progressed - 😂 hasn't happened yet - I wouldn't need to upgrade, but at the moment its abilities far outstrip mine).

Please share what you're drinking and what profile you use!

Huge thanks 😀