catpuccino

Anaerobics

Any recommendations for a tasty anaerobic processed coffee?

Lowdown (Edinburgh) has a collaboration roast with Colonna at the moment for a Costa Rican anaerobic and it's fantastic. I've also had a few in the past as guest roasts in cafes etc which I've enjoyed so looking to dive deeper. 

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

There were anaerobic processed coffees at last year's London Coffee Festival than I recall from previous years. A colleague said that this was the best coffee he had in 2019 (but no longer available) and although I haven't had this, from Clifton Roasters, I would be tempted.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

Man I totally forgot I have 500g of this in the freezer ?

• Like 2

>^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

4 hours ago, Phil104 said:

There were anaerobic processed coffees at last year's London Coffee Festival than I recall from previous years. A colleague said that this was the best coffee he had in 2019 (but no longer available) and although I haven't had this, from Clifton Roasters, I would be tempted.   

I had this as a Kalita pourover, funnily enough at Lowdown too, and it was top 2-3 coffees I've ever had for sure. 

• Like 1

>^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

As it happens, my latest sub of 'rare' beans from Colonna, which arrived on Wednesday but I only opened today, is an anaerobic roast from Costa Rica - although it doesn't appear to be available through their webshop. 

11 minutes ago, Phil104 said:

As it happens, my latest sub of 'rare' beans from Colonna, which arrived on Wednesday but I only opened today, is an anaerobic roast from Costa Rica - although it doesn't appear to be available through their webshop. 

Ah very interesting. Strongly suspect they're the same batch. 

>^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

15 hours ago, catpuccino said:

Ah very interesting. Strongly suspect they're the same batch. 

Too much of a coincidence and may explain why it's not available on the Colonna site. 

On 16/01/2020 at 10:10, matted said:

agree, this was a beauty.  I have just finished off my bag of this.  got many more other beans lined up and to get through - but I think I might order some more to put in the freezer.

What ratio were you using for this? I've just pulled a bag out the freezer but must've thrown my notes away and struggling with the first few shots. 

>^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

4 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

What ratio were you using for this? I've just pulled a bag out the freezer but must've thrown my notes away and struggling with the first few shots. 

only aeropressed or v60'd these beans - could not bear the thought of wasted espresso shots whilst dialling in.

18grams in an aeropress and V60.  with the v60 it was with 300mls water, which I might top up a little sometime if I want a larger cup (into the cup rather than the v60)

• Like 1