shrink

Eureka Specialita - thoughts - 2 months in

I don’t see a lot said about this little grinder on these pages and it was one that interested me hugely at the time. So I thought I’d add my impressions here for those shopping in this segment.

I went from a super jolly timer. I liked it quite a lot and it worked for me, but I did fancy liberating some counter space and I found it noisy, no way you could carry on a conversation with that beast running.

a good friend of mine was persuaded into the dark world of manual espresso machines and bought himself an r58 and one of these little grinder. And from pretty much the first shot, I was impressed.

great looks, lovely build, clever design features and funky colours. The LCD screen looks and responds great, and the on demand chute is well placed and doses well. 

the resulting grinds were fluffy and clump free, the only complaint being that on occasion they were so fluffy that a mid grind tap was needed to make space in the basket. 

Dialled in I’m getting 18-19g in about 10-11s, which is no slower than the super jolly. There’s significantly less mess on my counter now, and the retention is incredibly low. Probably only a few grams kept in the burr chamber. I’m generally happy just putting in the beans I need for the day, safe in the knowledge that I won’t have much stale in the shot.

how are the shots? Great. Good pours and just as much flavour (If not more) than with the super jolly. Lovely syrupy shots with plenty of mouthfeel.

adjusting on the fly is quick and easy and making small adjustments to your grind time is also super easy.

i feel I’ve gotten a grinder that is on par with the SJ for performance and taste but ups the game considerably in terms of noise (it’s super quiet), retention, usability and neatness. All in a package that gives me back a hell of a lot of counter space. 

Highly recommended if this is what you’re in the market for! 

• Like 3

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

6382EF19-8410-41BD-B100-D24100F6D77F.jpeg

F0AB0705-4BD8-4A78-8A2E-86FAD37664B5.jpeg

03B1E068-97AB-42A9-807D-10D01B4E1096.jpeg

• Like 2

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

+1 for the Specialita.

I have the chrome variant as above,  a couple or 3 months in and finding it an excellent upgrade from the Sage I used to have.

Lelit With Sensor.png

Edited by hubcap
added photo
  • Like 1