StevenG91

Restoring Italian La Pavoni 1980ish

Proceed with caution but you will get there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

16 hours ago, StevenG91 said:

I'll see what I can do tomorrow 🙏

I've tried rust remover, a pick, hammer and screw driver (not got enough of the washer to tap it out without damaging brass), dremmel is a no go. Any other ideas? 😂 Your right about it being therapeutic until something goes wrong, now im just loosing patience. 

Small taps with a metal bar on the pick if you can get behind it.

Try a bit of wd40 at well

• Like 1

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

3 minutes ago, Nopapercup said:

What a headache. Worse case you'll have to get a new group

The price of a new group is too expensive. 😑 I'll just need to persevere even if it takes me weeks. I've tried all day today to even budge it but no joy. 

35 minutes ago, StevenG91 said:

The price of a new group is too expensive. 😑 I'll just need to persevere even if it takes me weeks. I've tried all day today to even budge it but no joy. 

Yes but you may find a knackered 2nd hand Pav with a decent group but getting that clip out some way would definitely be the preferable solution 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nopapercup said:

Yes but you may find a knackered 2nd hand Pav with a decent group but getting that clip out some way would definitely be the preferable solution 

True. I'll persevere for now, I've got it soaking in penetrating oil at the moment. 

• Like 1

Plug the hole and fill the recess with oil and let it soak. Not just a little bit. Good thin penetrating oil.

So I've still not managed to get the circlip out. I've tried everything I can. I'll continue to persevere. If I can't get it out I may have a back up option, I've managed to pick up another 78-83 La Pavoni from Italy for a pretty decent price of £114, which even for parts I think is a pretty good deal. It's battered and bruised but it could be a good project. If I could just get that circlip out I'd have another La Pav to restore. 

Screenshot_20200218_110734_com.ebay.mobile_compress81.jpg

Screenshot_20200218_110730_com.ebay.mobile_compress23.jpg

Screenshot_20200218_110725_com.ebay.mobile_compress8.jpg

Screenshot_20200218_110718_com.ebay.mobile_compress86.jpg

Screenshot_20200218_110740_com.ebay.mobile_compress69.jpg

• Like 1

Okay 😁😁 so I only got the damn thing out 😂. A few extremely hard taps with a small metal bar after soaking for over 24 hours. I have slightly damaged the brass but it shouldn't have any impact on the machine. So through my impulsity I also own another La Pav. 

IMG_20200218_132732_compress43.jpg

IMG_20200218_132750_compress14.jpg

IMG_20200218_132752_compress19.jpg

• Like 2

That was a battle! But glad you got there in the end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbojohn55 said:

That was a battle! But glad you got there in the end.

It was indeed a battle. 😂 I got another La Pav out it, so not a bad battle. 

• Haha 1