coffeechap

Mythos mini

Has anyone else seen the Mythos mini?

164A30DC-DB9F-4B7B-8A53-9BD23A7AEF81.jpeg

• Like 12

AKA Toffee chips

I think it would look far better with a full sized hopper.......

• Like 1

Is that a top end of a Mythos 1 and plonked into a custom fabricated body? Looks brilliant!

Never mind that ….. hows the mythos 2?

• Like 1

a grinder a lever and some beans

1 hour ago, coffeechap said:

Has anyone else seen the Mythos mini?

164A30DC-DB9F-4B7B-8A53-9BD23A7AEF81.jpeg

Once upon a time there were 3 Mythi - Daddy Mythos, Mummy.......

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Spent the morning doing something I had been planning to do for a couple of years, it cane about after the ugly chop that someone on home barista did to a Mythos 

AKA Toffee chips

This on started life as a nueva simonelli standard high speed Mythos with titanium burrs. It is almost there but will be stripped down again and sent off for painting, also having a custom lid made that will double as a cup tray, this also has to have a hole to feed the beans into the burr chamber, but that will be a little while. Anyway here are some photos of the chop

ADBC336F-4FCA-48FA-AA86-A2E581F11B12.jpeg

643E4514-7122-49DE-BC1D-1F6AFDF48639.jpeg

2670C704-A077-4B11-BC73-9E6E579585B4.jpeg

D70CA824-1E7F-4F90-8521-D71B122C19B6.jpeg

• Like 7

AKA Toffee chips

And next to a stock mythos

86A7C334-F04F-4E07-902A-8D49D185C6EA.jpeg

6919EB71-A905-4F71-9EAD-C9A6A9DA9198.jpeg

• Like 9

AKA Toffee chips

This on started life as a nueva simonelli standard high speed Mythos with titanium burrs. It is almost there but will be stripped down again and sent off for painting, also having a custom lid made that will double as a cup tray, this also has to have a hole to feed the beans into the burr chamber, but that will be a little while. Anyway here are some photos of the chop

ADBC336F-4FCA-48FA-AA86-A2E581F11B12.jpeg.b11b42d62652d1b8882d23662bbaf9a1.jpeg
643E4514-7122-49DE-BC1D-1F6AFDF48639.jpeg.d28c0de9b3c9cd6deab14f7ed01e6b80.jpeg
2670C704-A077-4B11-BC73-9E6E579585B4.jpeg.f2fc104e1204ab34e778e54810f62a71.jpeg
D70CA824-1E7F-4F90-8521-D71B122C19B6.jpeg.d049282ed641c92a1bad5a86fc5e16ed.jpeg
That last top down photo looks deceptively like you've mounted it under the floor!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

What about something like an OE short stack or similar for bean feeding?

Like it :)

John

• Like 1

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 92Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

So, it doesn't really have a hopper and is for single dosing? Or is it going to have something like a borosilicate tube as a hopper?

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

4 hours ago, working dog said:

Never mind that ….. hows the mythos 2?

Very very good

AKA Toffee chips

23 minutes ago, Rhys said:

So, it doesn't really have a hopper and is for single dosing? Or is it going to have something like a borosilicate tube as a hopper?

It will have a cut out in the lid and a small tube with weight, will hold around 100g

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

25 minutes ago, johnealey said:

What about something like an OE short stack or similar for bean feeding?

Like it :)

John

It will have a nice bean feed system

AKA Toffee chips

It will have a nice bean feed system
Please be a mini helter-skelter.
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

For those that are interested I will do a detailed thread on how to do this

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

AKA Toffee chips

13 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

For those that are interested I will do a detailed thread on how to do this

that'd better be focused and shilly, if you can be arsed... will you write a review on your own webspace and ring a bell in honour of all the hours of proper sh!te you had to go through to finally achieve this against all doubters?

But be aware, any Mythos bar towels you might request will be cut in half as well.
Oh and good to know that tube only holds 100g - will consider that in future shipments!

:D

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interested in the whole process of chopping it down, preparing for a respray etc

On another related note, is there any easy way to change the speed of the motor easily on these first gen mythos. I get ~20g in 4s which is insanely fast especially considering the burrs aren't massive. 

Edited by mctrials23

Interested in the whole process of chopping it down, preparing for a respray etc
On another related note, is there any easy way to change the speed of the motor easily on these first gen mythos. I get ~20g in 4s which is insanely fast especially considering the burrs aren't massive. 
Re grind speed, what do you expect from grinding slower?

21 minutes ago, Hasi said:
1 hour ago, mctrials23 said:

Re grind speed, what do you expect from grinding slower?

Just a little easier to dose and make adjustments.

Interesting, I'm running a Macap MXD at home and occasionally fiddle with a Compak E8 at a restaurant we're providing coffee to. Both grind a double dose in under 4s and are adjustable in fractions of 1/100th of a second. Think they are prefectly up to their jobs.

The one reason you might want to tune down on grind speed would be a burnt taste due to burrs running hot. This usually only happens if you demand more of a grinder than it is capable of delivering. The Mythos is a professional grinder and I'd think prefectly optimised/balanced

Most motors can be used with an RCD voltage regulator, however, bearing the risk of getting stuck at a lower speed than the assembly is designed to run on.

Oh I can adjust the dose fine, I just find its a bit easier to make adjustments when 0.1s doesn't give you half a gram extra

This is very interesting@coffeechap

A mini mythos would surely make a nice upgrade over the mignon specialita and maybe pass the kitchen counter test.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for a beat up one and be following your process/progress closely here...

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

• Like 1