Dr Forinor

Coffee Compass 'issues'

I'm due to make an order for some coffee soon, and I was planning on trying Coffee Compass .

Last time I ordered from them was over a year ago and I was happy.

Recently I have been reading here that some people have been having issues with their coffee? Is this still the case, or is everything "back to normal"?

Home 1 -- Melitta Varianza CSP

Home 2 -- Lido 3 & 2012 Gaggia Classic (modded)

Outside -- Porlex mini (modded) & Aeropress

not sure what you are referring to?

recent threads all seem positive and people recommending frequently.

my own experience has been positive - i received a 8 pack selection recently (first order with them) very quick, roasted on one day, posted and received the next.

Perhaps I am thinking of some slightly older reference, where their coffee seemed to be inconsistent?

My bad if that's not an issue any more.

Edited by Dr Forinor

sorry, can't help with that personally.  will let others with more experience offer opinions.

I think there was some issue last summer related to exceptionally warm weather or something. There's no issues at the moment that I'm aware of.

Their delivery is so quick! Ordered the Sweet Bourbon blend the 9th, roasted on the 10th, delivered to me on the 11th, chilled on Sunday. Haven't tried yet, beans are still resting.

The only other issue I'm aware of is when the current mystery bag first came out, they weren't happy with the profile so sent out replacement bags.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Ok, I'm obviously way out of date, some may say stale 😂

Apologies all.

I recently ordered from them and received my order within 2 days, roasted the day previous to receiving (ie date of postage) and very happy with their service.

I've never ever been let down in any way by Coffee Compass. Excellent Company - coffee - service.

Very consistant with all beans I've ever had from them over the years

Ron 

This must have been a fairly isolated incident that stood out in my head for some reason then.

This must have been a fairly isolated incident that stood out in my head for some reason then.
It was me that mentioned the sweet bourbon wasn't as nice on my (new to me) Alex Duetto compared to my old PID Gaggia Classic and I queried if the roast was not as good, interestingly one or two others chimed in and felt the weather might have had an effect.

I've not tried the sweet bourbon again as we hit up the Mahogany Malabar roast lately.

I've not tried anyone else to compare (on the subscription 1.5kg coffee delivered comes in at 25 shiney liney pounds) but their service is awesome. I always use it fresh and don't rest the beans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Ah that's what it was, thank you for replying.

• Like 1