catpuccino

Steam arm replacement

Hi,

I bought a cheap Vesuvius locally. I'll tell the full story of this when I've more energy :D 

It was used for events (sparingly!), and has a replacement steam arm. My guess is they found the stock one challenging when steaming larger volumes.

I don't like it. It's has crappy finish, it's full burn ?and it's too long.

Is there a) a straight forward way to get an ACS stock wand or b) a recommended "upgrade" path, I read some online have switched to La Marzocco wands e.g. GB-5/FB-80.

Cheers

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

Best place to get an original is probably PMing @Paolo_Cortese or Bella Barista maybe.

No idea about any others that may fit.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

@Paolo_Cortese if you've a price for the arm and steam tip let me know

Will certain ask BB on Monday. The LM options don't look particularly expensive either so just need to double check fit.

Edited by catpuccino

Nice what number is it on the inside near water tank. Yes some people change them over forgot the make maybe LM. Either as dave or buy directly

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

13 minutes ago, Jony said:

Nice what number is it on the inside near water tank. Yes some people change them over forgot the make maybe LM. Either as dave or buy directly

20200112_041641.thumb.jpg.74d30a4b55dd91fcbdc2e515b5baa3ed.jpg

Not had much time with it yet. It needed a thorough clean before running any water through it, looks like it's been stored unused for quite a while (it came with the shipping container). 

Intial tests very positive though. 

Great hope you got a bargain mine is number 40 20 month old

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

7 hours ago, Jony said:

Great hope you got a bargain mine is number 40 20 month old

Cheers paid just over £1,000 couldn't resist at that price. I wanted to move to a DB, not necessarily a Vesuvius, will see how I get on! Not pulled any shots yet, hopefully get time this evening. 

@DavecUK any thoughts on the steam arm upgrade to LM? Since I'm changing it anyway, I don't mind too much if it's stock or a 'better' part. 

I just use the one my V came with and it works fine for me....although I don't make a huge number of milk drinks. Even less since my wife became intolerant to cows milk.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

2 hours ago, DavecUK said:

I just use the one my V came with and it works fine for me....although I don't make a huge number of milk drinks. Even less since my wife became intolerant to cows milk.

Thanks Dave. I'd be happy with stock, prob end up being a case of what I can get hold of quicker. 

Looking forward to playing with the Vesuvius over the coming days. Think I'll stick to a flat 6 for a while. 

10 hours ago, Paolo_Cortese said:

catpuccino the cost of standard steam arms shipping included is 65 Euro

Thanks Paolo, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Steam tip and teflon tubing included? I'll take it if so, just PM me payment details. Many thanks. 

catpuccino sorry but i'm unable to write a pm i don't know why. if you want try to send me a massage to me.

1 hour ago, Paolo_Cortese said:

catpuccino sorry but i'm unable to write a pm i don't know why. if you want try to send me a massage to me.

No problem, I've just messaged you. 

On 12/01/2020 at 15:08, DavecUK said:

Is she lactose intolerant or is it some other component? I started using Lactose-low milk from the Lidl because my daughter is lactose intolerant, but there are lots of plant-based other alternatives. I use that milk with a GB5/GS3 wand with a foam-knife tip and that combination works for me.

6 minutes ago, tohenk2 said:

Is she lactose intolerant or is it some other component? I started using Lactose-low milk from the Lidl because my daughter is lactose intolerant, but there are lots of plant-based other alternatives. I use that milk with a GB5/GS3 wand with a foam-knife tip and that combination works for me.

Not sure tried A2 milk when you could get it, didn't help, not sure whether goats milk was OK (think it may not have been). She thinks the plant based stuff all tastes like crap in coffee and has tried loads of different ones.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Ow. Never tried goats milk. Cheese, sure. Reminds me of having camel's milk. Fresh on the farm it was salty but ok. Just don't expect the taste you're used to from cow's milk!

As the saying goes - it's a completely different animal 😉

https://www.kamelenmelk.nl/en/about-us/

Edited by tohenk2