birel101

New coffee machine

Hi, I’m a newbie here and was directed here by google on the search for my new machine. I currently have a barista express, it’s been a good machine with the right coffee but now I think I’m ready to learn more!

I drink americano, flat whites and cappuccinos, milk based drinks take forever now it seems on my current machine. The machine that has caught my eye is the rocket Appartamento, price is perfect for me and I think it looks fantastic. Now the more I read on machines and learn more I have also took a liking to the profitec pro 500, more expensive but the boiler is insulated. Will this help the longevity off the machine? The Appartamento boiler isn’t insulated and would it make much difference?

Also I think the profitec has a rotary pump so won’t be so loud. Will the Appartamento suit my needs? I drink 2-3 cups a day and my daughter likes hot chocolate that I make using the barista express.

Would love some help in deciding from you.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@birel101 Hi, the Pro 500 appears to have a vibration pump, so it'll be comparable to the Rocket.

I have the Rocket Mozzafiato Type V, which is very similar to the Profitec but I have to say the Pro 500 looks like better value at the current price.  I really like the Rockets and chose the Mozzafiato over the Appartamento because of the insulation, dual pressure gauges and nicer design.  The Profitec machine has non compression water/steam valves which are probably better also.

Another one to think about is the Lelit Mara 62 - really good value HX machine.  I'm guessing you've looked at Bella Barista's site?

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Rocket Mozzafiato Type V + VST Baskets   Niche Zero   Pullman BigStep + Joey Handle   //   Occasional V60

Thanks Joseph, yes that's where I will be purchasing a machine from. I no nothing about non compression valves so thanks for that. Im looking for a machine that will last a long time so all the little bits that I know nothing about will help me decide, I also like what you have with the shot timer built in, so do the non compression valves make a difference?

Jay

3 hours ago, birel101 said:

Thanks Joseph, yes that's where I will be purchasing a machine from. I no nothing about non compression valves so thanks for that. Im looking for a machine that will last a long time so all the little bits that I know nothing about will help me decide, I also like what you have with the shot timer built in, so do the non compression valves make a difference?

Jay

It's a type of water/steam valve that closes using  spring and O rings/Seat. Closing the valve releases the pressure on the spring, closing it harder does nothing else and no damage. A "compression" valve presses a seating to seal the valve as you tighten it, the more you tighten the harder it presses and the ham fisted can damage the seating pad in a short period of time. Used properly and carefully each lasts about the same length of time...unfortunately, most people tend to overtighten the "compression" ones. They only need finger lite until they close....

• Like 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......