KingoftheHeath

Gaggia Classic for sale

Gaggia Classic, unsure of the year as I got it second hand in 2013.

PID, pressure set to 9 bar and rancilio steam wand. I have recently (summer 2019) replaced the pump and steam valve.

Please note there is an intermittent leak coming from somewhere. It doesn't affect operating performance at all, but I have accounted for it in the asking price. There is also a crack in the plastic insert which goes in the drip tray - I don't even know what purpose that part serves, but I mention it to be open about all 'faults'.

Will ship with standard double portafilter as well as bottomless pf and a tamper. PID operating manual also.

£130 collected from Birmingham.

Sensible offers welcome. 6ea3a3a0200767f0d772d32e18924d87.jpg967a3a809ec13775673e1671cecfa556.jpg099b1305fc6dbb9dc20e9437a0781aad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello
Do you still have this??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in this, do you have any further info about the leak, how much of a problem is it? Also do you have any pic of the inside?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Photo attached - Can send more when I get home.

My only theory on the leak is that it's the steam valve - the leak stopped for a while when I replaced that part in the summer. It now appears sporadically, maybe occuring 3 out of 10 days. The best way to describe it is probably more of slight seeping from somewhere, rather than a leak. b81f0b9113a13200e6c7fa7ced1a1ea3.jpg

I'll take it for asking :)

Ok great.

Are you happy to collect from Birmingham?

Yes I can collect. I'll organise via PM

Looks a good buy.

The PID is £94 new!

Not a lot of work hopefully to do.

There should be a sticker on the bottom of the m/c that gives the date of manufacture?

This might not have anything to do do with the leak but i noticed the routing of the two clear return tubes in the last picture are not correct.

I'm not sure if you could get the funnel back on with them there, but if you could they might not return water and leak under some pressure. 

At 130 with a PID, new pump and wand is a bargain.  ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Agentb said:

This might not have anything to do do with the leak but i noticed the routing of the two clear return tubes in the last picture are not correct.

I'm not sure if you could get the funnel back on with them there, but if you could they might not return water and leak under some pressure. 

At 130 with a PID, new pump and wand is a bargain.  ?

You're right. 

The return tubes need to go through the 2 smaller dia holes not through the same hole as the funnel!

Looks a good buy.
The PID is £94 new!
Not a lot of work hopefully to do.
There should be a sticker on the bottom of the m/c that gives the date of manufacture?
Think it's 2009.

To be fair I brought it from@MrShades 5 years ago for a bargain price so I'm just passing on the saving!

• Like 2

Hello again

When would it be good to collect? Coming from Staffordshire.

Thanks Gilly

Moved to SOLD!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Moved to SOLD!
Am I supposed to this? I had a look but couldn't figure out how?

5 minutes ago, KingoftheHeath said:

Am I supposed to this? I had a look but couldn't figure out how?

No, mods move them to the Sold section ;)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png