DJKeys

Expobar Office Pulser

Hi, Coffee Machine experts-

I just purchased a new Expobar Office Pulser from Whole Latte Love in the US.  I am having what I consider to be an issue and wanted to run it by you guys.

When the machine reservoir is about half empty, the machine simply stops drawing water into the boiler.  It starts to make this loud noise and brewing just stops.  If I point the silicon tubes straight down with my fingers, more water is drawn and brewing resumes.  As per the WLL Tech Support, I cut the end of the draw tube at an angle for more surface area, but that had no effect.  Is this the expected behavior, or is there some adjustment I can make? The machine has a large reservoir, but this behavior essentially cuts it in half and I have to refill twice as often.

Many thanks for any input on this-

-dj

Edited by DJKeys
clarification

Low water level switch playing up.  Do other lights stay on when the machine cuts off ?

Thanks for the reply-

Power light is on, brew switch is engaged, water flow just stops, machine makes grinding noise until I point tubes straight down into reservoir, then flow to brew group resumes.

Oh the cutting tube at an angle thing is something I came up with years ago... well actuallyr 2 cuts at 45 degrees to make a point. The reason was they manufacturers were all cutting the tubes flat and they could get sucked up against the tank stopping water flow. Cutting to a point prevents that. Most tubes come that way nowadays.

So first try cuttting the tube to a point, and second check the tube is not stuffed back in the body of the machine so far that it's not reaching the bottom of the tank. 3rd check for a split or kink in the tube.

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Oh the cutting tube at an angle thing is something I came up with years ago... well actuallyr 2 cuts at 45 degrees to make a point. The reason was they manufacturers were all cutting the tubes flat and they could get sucked up against the tank stopping water flow. Cutting to a point prevents that. Most tubes come that way nowadays.

So first try cuttting the tube to a point, and second check the tube is not stuffed back in the body of the machine so far that it's not reaching the bottom of the tank. 3rd check for a split or kink in the tube.
Interesting. I've always gone for a reverse V cut myself but I can see the opposite would have the same effect.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

4 minutes ago, ashcroc said:
33 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Interesting. I've always gone for a reverse V cut myself but I can see the opposite would have the same effect.

You were just over complicating it ;)

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

You were just over complicating it
I was copying what I was replacing. Chances are the previous machine on the production line had it going the other way!
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Thanks for all of the replies!

Tubes reach all the way down, will try cutting to a point, sounds like a good suggestion.  Will let you know

I cut the draw tube with two angled cuts to a a point as suggested.  Essentially the same, water stops being drawn when the reservoir is about half full.  It is not a big deal, I guess, but it is disheartening that a $1200 machine would exhibit this type of symptom.  

Any other ideas welcome, and thanks again-

-dj

On 23/12/2019 at 17:09, DJKeys said:

Thanks for the reply-

Power light is on, brew switch is engaged, water flow just stops, machine makes grinding noise until I point tubes straight down into reservoir, then flow to brew group resumes.

Is there a switch under the water tank or its platform ? Is this cutting the M/c out too soon ? before the tank reaches a critical level ?

If as you say it starts up again if you point the pipe straight down , are you applying slight pressure to the tank  increasing the pressure on the switch as if there is more water in the tank ???

The brew switch and power switch stay on.  The pump simply stops drawing water from the reservoir.  There is an angled platform with a spring supporting the water tank, but this is stable. It it loses the electrical connection, the power goes off, but this is not happening. Maybe the angle of the platform is too steep?

I think it is just a bad design, like the power cable coming out from the front of the unit.

-dj

Edited by DJKeys

I would simply get back to the supplier and get them to fix the problem. If you bought from new it will under warranty

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Expobar Leva DB PID, Eureka Olympus 75E, Mazzer Super Jolly, Rhino Hand Grinder, Torr Trapez, On Balance Scales, VonShef Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press, VST 18, 20, IMS Shower Screen, V60, D'Ancap Cups/Saucers :coffee:

I originally called the supplier and he gave me the suggestion to cut the tube at an angle.  I have received much more input here.  I opened up the machine and pulled the two tubes firmly, then cable-tied them next to the frame tightly enough to not move inside with vibration but not so tight as to restrict water flow.  I had previously cut the draw tube to a point (as per DavecUK's suggestion) and everything seemed to work as of the last filling of the reservoir.  It was within a couple of inches to the bottom and still drawing water.

Hope it stays like this, and thanks for all of your help!

-dj

• Like 2