Marocchino

Hi Fi LP turntable / record player

Vintage Rega Planar 3, British made Hi Fi enthusiasts single speed belt driven 12mm glass turntable circa 1976, complete with original hinged dust cover. It has fitted an SME model 3009 series 3 tonearm that is equipped with an ADC magnesium (audio dynamics corporation) headshell and Shure M95ED cartridge.

Additional items comprising the total package accompanying the turntable are;

Shure stylus force gauge - SFG-2

2 additional headshells made by Shure and ADC

cartridges, one made by Goldring and the other by BSR ( a SX6M)

A rubber turntable platter to sit on the glass turntable and a felted turntable mat

Anti static gun and two dust removing wiping tools.

The complete kit has been inherited from my father who was a serious HI FI enthusiast.

No interconnect cable present in this kit.

Any requests for further photographs or questions welcome.

Looking for offers in the region of £500

As the item is a delicate one, it cannot easily be posted. I can arrange to meet somewhere along the M4 corridor or a mutually convenient geographical point but even happier for collection in person.  Location West Wales.

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

Really good Turntable. I have one myself. 

Thanks - it’s a shame, I inherited it and I don’t have any vinyl myself so was keen to find it a good home where it could get some use.

1 minute ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

Never too late to start

Unlikely - I have about 450 + cd’s as my music collection, I also sold my vinyl collection of over 200 pieces about five years ago as part of a mass declutter event in 2015. I supplement my listening with music streaming, so have no use for the turntable and genuinely hope to re-home it with someone who can use and appreciate it 😀

Have a look on EBay and see what sort of prices they fetch, that  will give you a ball park figure for whats it's worth. I think your price of £700 is a bit high, you can buy them new for less that that.

30 minutes ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

Have a look on EBay and see what sort of prices they fetch, that  will give you a ball park figure for whats it's worth. I think your price of £700 is a bit high, you can buy them new for less that that.

https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-27529-rega-planar-3-elys-2-turntable.aspx

• Like 2

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl Disclosure Statement: I participate in development, testing and review of machines, grinders and roasters I find interesting. This unpaid work with many manufacturers is a hobby for fun as I am retired. I don't usually publish anything for products I feel are not good enough to stand behind because I have little motivation to put the considerable time and effort required to produce the review. I sell nothing, have no affiliate links and don't monetise my on-line work (videos or web sites). Reviews are my personal opinion based on more than 17 years of experience and 100s of machines tested and reviewed. My experience may not match your experience and features I like may be unimportant to you. I do like to get underneath the skin of things and go into detail, simply because it shows up things that are not obvious (especially around repairability/maintenance). My work is there to improve prosumer espresso machines generally and inform you the best I can, allowing you to make the decision...nothing more. No manufacturer or retail entity controls what is written or videoed in my reviews. Review equipment is returned if requested by the manufacturer, often they don’t bother as they want me to do further tests in future with new software, hardware or firmware or create retailer level tech processes. So I am generally unable to sell or give away review equipment & have to store it.

My goal is to be as honest and unbiased as possible when I review because I know it’s for you, not me.

1 hour ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

Thanks for the heads up, at the time of putting the thing for sale, I took some advice from an audiophile classmate of mine who at the time dialled into EBay and found the deck with the very  tonearm mine has fitted. Apparently SME tonearms are supposed to be something special? So I took my cue from him and EBay, the price was directly cribbed from that. The ad has been up for a while here and to be honest I’d forgotten all about it until you’d placed your comment. 👍

On 17/12/2019 at 14:08, Marocchino said:

Looking for offers in the region of £700

Price reduced, offers in the region of £500

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo